CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

A/N
Taba Chake, "walk with me" has become one of my favorite songs😍 check it out and enjoy! Listen to it while reading, it really sets the mood.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Kate's POV

The sound of birds chirping is a beautiful melody to wake up to. I'm not alone, I can feel another presence next to me. I open my eyes and I don't recognize the ceiling. There's a tattooed arm draped over my waist too.

Just like that, the memories of yesterday hit me like a truck. I'm in William's bed. He looks so peaceful sleeping next to me with his curls splayed all over his forehead.

I really have to use the bathroom. I don't want to wake him though. I attempt to gently lift his arm off me, which only succeeds in him getting a tighter grip on my waist and pulling me deeper into his embrace.

I'm not complaining. I like it here, but I really have to go.

"Sleeping beauty, I know you're awake. Can you let go of me for a second? We've established that I'm not going home yet.", I whisper in William's ear.

He groans and reluctantly let's me go.

I find my way to the bathroom and relieve myself of all the liquids in my bladder. I also find the toiletries that William got for me and turn on the water to take a shower.

After brushing my teeth, I cover my hair with a headscarf and strip naked. The water is excruciatingly hot. I like it that way. I make sure the shower curtain doesn't have any holes to peep through and let myself relax under the warm blanket of water.

Not even a minute passes after I have started the shower when I hear the bathroom door open.

"William! Can you not?", I try covering myself even though it's of no use. The only thing between William and I is a thin piece of plastic material.

"What! I have to use the bathroom too!", he sounds exasperated.

"And it couldn't wait?", I sound frantic.

"No. Anyway, it's not like I won't see you naked someday. Not without your permission, of course.", William chuckles.

Struggling for something to respond with, I move the curtain and choose to splash him with water instead.

"What in the hell! That's hot! Kate, how have you not turned to ashes yet?"

Pleased with myself I answer, "it's really not that bad."

"Remind me never to shower with you.", I blush at his request and he finally leaves me alone.

"Oh, I can't promise anything.", I whisper to myself.

After that whole ordeal, I manage to get myself ready and dressed in another pair of William's oversized black sweatpants and a musturd hoodie.

While doing my hair I get distracted by the most delicious scent. I let it hang loose over my shoulders and run to the kitchen.

"Is that you? Because if it is. I forgive you for yesterday, just feed me please. I'm starving.", a spatula holding William smiles at me.

"For someone as petite as you are; you sure do like to eat."

"Can you judge me when the food smells amazing and the chef looks even better?", I try to butter up my boyfriend.

Boyfriend. I could get used to that word, it's better than friend.

"Kate. You do know that I haven't even started cooking yet, right?", he can't stop laughing.

"I just put some spices and and green pepper in the pan to fry. Wow, you must be hungry."