CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

A/N
K-pop RnB really hits the spot. Y'all should really give it a try❤️. DPR, WE GANG GANG. ENJOY ❤️
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Kate's POV

Lips... We see them everywhere and everyday. We take them and the power they hold over us for granted. In this very moment, I can truly feel the effects of William's lips on mine. I've kissed boys before, but I have not felt a kiss as intense as this.

After what feels like an eternity, William and I pull away from each other. His lips are a bit moist from our kiss and we make eye contact. I feel the electric sparks between us.

William breaks the silence by saying, "wow!".

Wow, is correct.

"I didn't know you were keeping that all in.", he smirks at me.

Having nothing to retort back with, I simply roll my eyes at him while smiling. "Who knew you are such a good kisser." I try to shift the attention from me.

"Me, but I didn't want to brag. Kate, you have the softest lips.", He is staring at my lips like he could kiss me again.

I bite my bottom lip and ask, "why did you kiss me?"

He scoffs at my question, "why else would I kiss you Kate! I'm insane about you. You drive me crazy. You consume my every thought and I can't stop thinking about you. I've tried so hard not to let my feelings for you come between us, because I know you're still getting over your break-up with Captain Douchebag. That is why I feel guilty for kissing you. I feel like I'm taking advantage of you."

"William, had I known you felt this way...I would've been the one to kiss you sooner. You're such a dork. Do you think I have not had sleepless nights because of you? Because I have . I have not known you for long, but from what I have gathered, you're a pretty amazing person. You don't understand how I love being around you. I have been over Dorian for a while now, I'm just worried he might try and hurt me. You make me forget about my fears, you make me feel protected and safe."

William looked as if he had just heard the best news of his life, "what does this mean for us? I'm curious."

I saw this question coming so I don't hesitate to respond, "William, I will not lie. I like you a lot so I think right now, we should just explore and get to know each other more. Rushing into a relationship would be disastrous."

William shakes his head along with his curls in agreement, "I totally agree with you. I can relate to the last thing you said."

"Let's get to know each other then, shall we?", I say pulling him closer to me and smacking our lips together again.

°°°

A couple of weeks later.

Cuddling in the same hammock we shared our first kiss in, we are under a blanket of stars and this moment feels so surreal. In his embrace, I feel the warmth that envelopes us and I want to stay here forever.

From our conversations, I've managed to find out that the café belongs to William's aunt, who William regards more of his family compared to his mom and dad and she let me become a volunteer. His parents are not exactly the most supportive people when it comes to his life choices. He explains that he had a sheltered childhood and they treated him like a nearly extinct bird in a cage.

He broke free and does not plan on going back. That is why he said he does "odd jobs", to support himself without the help of his parents.

"In that sense, we are alike. We strive to be independent from our parents.", William says looking at the sky.