CHAPTER NINE

A/N
This man had so much soul.👑 Give his other songs a listen.❤️ And play this song to set the mood for this chapter. ENJOY.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Kate's POV

"L is for the way you look at me.
O is for the only one I see.
V is very, very extraordinary.
E is even more than anyone that you adore can...

Love is all that I can give to you.
Love is more than just a game for two.
Two in love can make it.
Take my heart and please don't break it.
Love was made for me and you."

This jazz masterpiece by Nat King Cole has a special place in my heart. L-O-V-E takes me back in time to where music had a different meaning and love as well.

We had pushed the couch and table in a corner to make room for a less glamorous ballroom that was to be my living room. I took William's hand and he led me to the center of the "ballroom".

I put his hands on my waist and placed my hands on his shoulders.
He looked at me in a way that made my insides twist into a knot and I stared back into his dark eyes. Why do I find myself drowning, every single time I look into them?

We swayed to the beat of the song for a little while until he spun me around and I did a twirl to match the upbeat tune. We had fun with the song and I'd catch him glancing at me. Was that because of admiration or was he questioning his choices in friends?

He answered my question by telling me I look cute when I'm happy. What is that supposed to even mean?

"Thank you Willie.", A heavy breathing and exhausted me answers.

"I can see you are not used to moving around a lot, let me get the couch for you to rest on.", William isn't wrong so I don't have anything suitable to retort back with.

"Also, Willie?", he sits back on the couch, pulling me onto it to sit next to him.

"I give nicknames to people I like or consider my friends.", I explain.

"Since you like me or think I'm your friend, could you answer a question I've been dying to have answered?", He pleads and he looks at me with puppy dog eyes so I can't possibly bring myself to say no.

"Fine, shoot.", I say suspiciously.

"Were you crying the first day we met and if you were, why were you crying ? If you feel comfortable enough to tell me, that is.", I can tell he was trying to be cautious with his question.

My heart stops working for a second and I think of the various ways I could answer his question. You can't build your friendship with someone based off lies so honesty is the only way to go. I have not spoken about my break-up with anyone, maybe it will be good for me to open up to somebody.

"Oh, that day. I was crying, because I was still devastated by the break-up I had with my ex boyfriend." , I choked back tears thinking of Dorian and my now pregnant sister.

"My ex boyfriend slept with my older sister... my only sister actually and he got her pregnant. Can you imagine that, and they only did it once. The world really does work in mysterious ways.", I try to lighten the conversation by pointing out the irony of my situation.

"He did what! That douchebag!", William yells incredulously.

"I'm sorry Kate, but that idiot is blind and dumb. How could anyone ever cheat on someone as beautiful and precious as you?", I break down in tears, because can't take it anymore. I don't care that I look weak right now. I'm tired of always having to be strong.

"I'm so sorry Kate, I didn't mean to-", I cut William off.

"Don't apologise, please. You did nothing wrong. I just thought about your words. If I really am beautiful and precious, why did he do this to me then? Was I not enough? Did I not make him happy? What could I have done differently to make him stay? Does love truly exist?", I lose all my resolve and cry my eyes out.

My heart hurts, it aches. I can't breathe properly. I try to take in huge breaths, but to no avail. I can't speak. What is happening? A panic attack?

"Kate, calm down please. Breathe more slowly. It's okay, I'm here for you. You'll be alright, I promise.", Those words. They bring me back to reality.

With more tears rolling down my cheeks, I chew on my bottom lip and say, "You know, Dorian made promises to me and look where believing them got me. Why should I believe you?"

"Kate, I have not known you for long and vice versa, but that doesn't stop me from wanting to protect you against the evils of this cruel world. You might not believe me, but you are special. It scares me when I think about how someone like you can exist. You are beautiful inside and outside. He was too busy looking for a rock when he had a diamond right in front of his face. Anyone would be lucky to share their life with you. Please, don't shed another tear and believe me when I promise you that you'll be alright. You don't need Captain Douchebag and you definitely don't need anyone in your life unless you want them in it. It's your choice.", William cups my face in his warm hands and stares at me intensely.

"I don't know what to say, thank you.", He wipes away my salty tears with his soft fingers.

"It's okay. You don't have to say anything. Remember when I said you look cute when you are happy? I lied...you look cute all the time.", His smile is the perfect distraction. I can't help, but stare at his pink plump lips.

Just then the doorbell rings, ruining the moment. William volunteers to check on who is at the door. I clean myself up in his absence.

"Who the hell are you!", I hear a voice that couldn't be anyone other than Dorian's, yelling from the front door.

I freeze once again.

No. Why now? I'm not ready to face him.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Author's note (A/N)

This was a hectic chapter, like I can't and it's long 😂😂😂. Damn,I'm sorry for the late update💔 It was a hectic week, but I still managed to update so "yay me"😂 I appreciate all of you and you guys are my inspiration to continue writing even when I'm tired💜 I'm talking too much so enjoy 💜🧡💛come back for the next chapter and don't forget to share with your friends,vote and comment if you'd like and tell me your thoughts on this story.💕