CHAPTER FOURTEEN

A/N
You don't understand how I'm obsessed with 3 nights by Dominic Fike!😍😍😍
Enjoy listening to this masterpiece while reading.❤️
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

William's POV

It's a gloomy looking day, but not when I'm walking alongside her. We've come so far. I never thought she'd actually say yes to a "date" with me. Walking down the street, she outshines all the strangers that walk past us.

I steal a glance in her direction. I will never get tired of seeing her face. Her beautiful and majestic face.

She catches me staring at her and snaps her tiny fingers at me, "hey! what are you looking at, creep?"

I blink, "oh, just your ugly face.", I lie.

"William Brooks lies! The world is ending!", Kate exclaims.

"I think you saw your reflection in my eyes and scared yourself.", Kate laughs at her joke.

"Obviously I was lying, now you are just being mean.", I pretend to be hurt.

"I might be rethinking this date. I can't have you insulting me the whole day. My ego wouldn't be able to handle it."

"Fine by me.", she takes the bait and makes to turn around, but I grab her arm just in time.

"You were not supposed to walk away.", I look into her eyes. I'm confused at what I see in them.

"You were not supposed to disappear after I gave you my number.", I see tears forming in those beautiful hazel eyes.

"Oh no, please don't cry. I'm sorry Kate.", We are in the middle of a nearly deserted street so I grab her and pull her into my embrace.

I lay my head on hers and hold her close, "I didn't mean to hurt your feelings."

I can feel her relax in my arms. I put a little distance between us and cup her face in my hands. "Kate, please say something. Do you want to go home?"

She wipes her tears, "no! I don't want to. I'm crying, because I thought I lost you. I thought you were gone forever. I thought about all the things I could've done to frighten you away. It was a scary time for me. I felt all alone. I just really missed you William, I can't believe I'm admitting that."

She pauses to wipe away more tears, "you're just an amazing friend to me and it would break my heart to lose you."

There's that word again, friend.

"Kate, you cute disaster. You thought wrong. I'd never leave you, not even if Satan offered me a million dollars. You're like a powerful magnet and I'm a mere silver penny. I can't help, but always get stuck to you. You could never do anything that would frighten me away. Not even on your worst hair day. I just had to deal with some personal issues. They had nothing to do with you. Okay?"

"Ok-kay.", Kate answers shakily, hugging me by my waist.

This is going to be an interesting journey.

°°°

After I pay the cab driver, we step out of the lemon scented vehicle.

We're in front of a colourfully decorated building, with a plethora of noise coming from it.

"Do I hear dogs barking?", Kate asks excitedly.

"Indeed, you do. Welcome to Amy's Pet Café. I enjoy coming here to let off some steam playing with the puppies, also I volunteer here. Shall we go meet the little rascals?", I offer my hand.

Kate almost yanks my arm from its socket, "why are you still talking! let's go."

The café, looks like any other café. Once you step through its doors, you get transported into another world though. A world filled with cute dogs and music blasting from a speaker. At the front desk, people can order a snack for themselves and the dogs.

"Go wait on the couch while I get us some snacks.", I gesture to a couch occupied by a few customers and overjoyed puppies.

"Don't take too long please, I want to play with the doggies.", Kate heads for the couch.

I turn to the counter and see a tall and smiling Uushona, " William. Long time, no see."

"Yes, yes. And you are still annoying as ever Uushona.", I smile back.

Uushona is a volunteer who comes in whenever he wants, I've known him for a couple of months now. He migrated from a country in Africa, that I swear is a made up country. I've never heard of a country called "Namibia".

"I see you're not here to buy me a drink, what a bummer. Who's the pretty girl you walked in with?"

"No, I'm not. Stop being so nosy for once. Don't you have dog poop to clean?"

"Stop getting so defensive. I won't steal her from you.", He laughs, but I sense something sinister in his laugh.

"Now what can I get you?", He pulls out a tiny notebook.

"Two slices of red velvet cake, two hot chocolates and dog food for puppies."

"So the usual, except today I multiply it by two."

"Uushona, you have a very punchable face. Has anyone ever told you that. Also, thank you for covering for me today.", I slap his shoulder.

"Ouch! Now that I can see why, I don't mind at all. Diego will flip when I tell him."

"Can you stop talking to me or else that puppy will steal your date's heart. I'll bring your order around.", he turns around and his back faces me.

I turn around to see Kate affectionately holding a puppy, she really couldn't wait. If I'm not mistaken that's Pluto. A black and white mischievous puppy, infamous for stealing all the ladies hearts.

"I see that you've fallen in love with Pluto. I will have to compete with him for your attention, won't I?"

"Mmmh? What were you saying? I didn't hear you.", Kate smiles up at me.

"I've lost you already and to a puppy, great." I sit down and position myself opposite Kate.

"I was kidding, I heard everything you said. You might, Pluto is such a cute name. It fits him so well, he's tiny like the planet.", she lifts the little devil into her arms and he licks her.

She looks so happy here, I want to see her smile like this everyday.

"Oh my, sweet baby Jesus. William, it's you. I haven't seen you in a while.", Both Kate and I turn our attention to the loud voice that I find familiar.

Why did she have to be here today, of all days! She has such terrible timing.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
Author's note (A/N)

Hey there. Yes, it's me. I'm alive😂. Thank you for being so patient❤️💜. I had a period, where I think I suffered from a case of some "writer's block". It took a lot of persuasion, but I finally managed to update. I hope you enjoy this chapter. It's been a while, but I hope you guys still enjoy my writing.❤️

Remember, you are all amazing and you deserve to be on this earth.💜❤️

Also shout-out to Uushona and my Pluto (I miss him, the little demon). Uushona, you've been bugging me about putting you in my story and I finally gave in.😂 I'll never do this again.