30. Failing

The following days were hard on Lauren. She shared her story but wasn't feeling any better. Steven stopped visiting, so did Joe and Mick. She felt alone. The nightmares didn't stop and neither did the pain and the idea of just ending it all.

It was a sunny day. Lauren was sitting outside having a cigarette and wrote in her mandatory journal. She wrote about how she missed Steven and Joe. Furthermore why hasn't Mick visited and why didn't the pain go away after letting it all out. That is when it hit her, she had to get out of there. Why wait for all the men to visit her while she could go and find them.

She went to the doctor and explained her situation. He stressed on her the seriousness of her condition and didn't want her to leave, but she did.

"You're a little bitch you are. Stop moving. Just take it. I'll kill you if you do that one more time". Screams filled the room as did the pain between her legs. She felt the man on top of her move slowly. He kissed her cheek and whispered in her ear. The words were nice and sweet, but his movements were not. She screamed, men were laughing. "You screw that bitch." A man's voice yelled. "Do it for all of us." The man twitched. She moved. He pressed down hard on her and she felt him in her, the condom? Did it break?

Lauren woke up, completely dripping with sweat. It took her a moment to realize that she was back home. She got out of bed and took a warm shower. Got dressed and walked outside to get smokes and breakfast. At the café she saw Mick. He did see her too and ran over.

"What are you doing out?"

"I was done, I had to get out of there."

"It's good to see you. I've missed you at work."

"If you missed me so much, why did you stop visiting?"

"Because of my girlfriend. She didn't like you. We broke up."

"Mick, you idiot, she was the best thing that happened to you in a long time!"

"Well, she wasn't with me for me, but for my money and my house."

"I'm sorry to hear that."

Lauren got her coffee and Danish and sat down outside with Mick. She lit a cigarette and took a sip of her coffee. "So, what's new?"

"Well," Mick started, "At work not much has changed, summer break is about to end and we are looking for someone to fill your position until you come back. Steven is back on tour, he'll be back in a week. I broke up with my girlfriend."

"I can come back if you want." Lauren said. "I need to do something."

"Are you strong enough, darling?"

"No."

"Then why come back?"

"If I don't do something with my life, I'll go crazy."

"Okay, come with me today? We'll talk about it at school."

"Sure"