3. The assembly

Two hours after the assembly was supposed to start the teachers started to gather in the dining hall. The students had been waiting there for two hours already. They grew quiet as the saw the teachers coming in. There was a buzz.

"Why are they late?" One student asked.

"Is there something going on?" Another student wondered.

"I bet you they were just late. They were having too much fun at the new year's party."

"You think their drunk?"

"All I know is that I saw miss Miller out on the town last night. She was completely wasted. She was hanging around this guy with who she went home."

"Yeah, sure."

The group turned silent when they saw miss Miller entering the dining hall. She hold on to one of the other teachers they know by the name of Mick.

"You okay" Mick whispered in her ear.

"I'm feeling sick to my stomach, but I'll manage.

"I know you will." He said back. "You're one strong cookie."

Lauren smiled. "You're a great friend.

"She looks terrible." Thomas whispered to his girlfriend.

"She does, doesn't she. I hope it's nothing serious." She said.

"I guess she's just hung-over." Mike said

"Don't be mean. Maybe she's just sick and came here to be at the assembly?" Sydney said.

"If everybody could find a seat , than we can finally start our new year's assembly." It was the director of the school. "I'm sorry for the delay. I'll try and make this as quick as I possibly can before we can start the celebrations.

After a long speech by the director and a couple of more speeches by some teachers and important members of the high school, the new year's party started. The party was held in another part of the school. There was music, food & drinks. Though it was only 2 pm there was alcohol for those who wanted it.

"Ready to party?" Sarah said.

"I'm always ready." Tom said.

"Let's get dancing then." Sarah said.

"You want to sit down?" Mick asked Lauren as they joined the party.

"I'd love to, but I really need to use the toilet." Lauren said.

"Sure, you want some help getting there?"

"If you could bring me my bag?"

After 10 minutes Mick returned with the bag. "Here you go honey."

"Thanks."

"You want me to stay?"

"If you could."

"Sure, I'll be just outside. Yell if you need me."

A/N. Just a bit more patient..... I'm getting to Steven. I just didn't know how to put him in yet but now i do!