20. I don't need rehab i'm F.I.N.E

A few weeks later Lauren was released from the hospital. She recovered from her overdose and went through a couple of days of detox. Mick stayed with her every day and called Steven when he could, when Lauren was sleeping.

"Ready?" The doctor said as he walked in the room.
"Ready." Lauren said, putting on a jacket and a scarf.
"You just need to sign this and you can continue to recover at home. Though I strongly recommend you go to a rehab center."
"I'm fine, I don't need rehab. I've got work to distract me." Lauren said.
The doctor didn't respond. He looked at Mick and they both sighed.

Mick took Lauren to his house. She gathered her things and went back to her own place. She hadn't been there in weeks and she really wanted to sleep in her own bed. As soon as Mick was sure she settled in he left, dialing Steven's number.

"Hello?" A sleepy voice said.
"Hello, Steven?"
"Mick?"
"Yeah. Sorry, did I wake you?"
"No, no problem. I had to get up anyway. What's going on?"
"Well, I just dropped Lauren back at her house. She's out of the hospital, insisting she doesn't need supervision or a rehab facility."
"Okay, that 's sort of good news right?"
"The best." Mick sat, lighting a cigarette. He took up this habit while he was with Lauren in the hospital.
"You don't sound to happy though."
"I really wish she stayed with me for a few days or went to rehab, you know, just to settle back into her routines."
"I know, but we both know she's got a mind of her own."
"Yeah. So how is the tour going?"
"Great, we'll be performing back home in a few days. Tonight we are flying to Detroit."
"Sound great."
"Yeah, so do you and Lauren want to come to the show? I could fly you out if you want?"
"I'm sorry. I've got work tomorrow. Maybe when you're back in town?"
"Yeah. I'll put your names on the list so you can come backstage. Shall I sent you tickets too?"
"Yeah, sent them to the school."
"Great, see you then."

The first thing Lauren did was go out to get groceries. Her fridge was empty and she also needed cigarettes. Just as she walked out of the supermarket a man approached her.

"Hey doll. It's been awhile."
"Hi. I know. I was in the hospital."
"So, do you need anything?"
"Got some good stuff?"
The dealer took out a bag of white powder. "Top notch coke, or maybe a speedball?"
"I'll start with the coke." Lauren said. Handing the dealer money.
"This round is on me doll." He said and walked away.

Lauren put the bag in her pocket and walked home. As soon as she walked through the door she put the grocery bag in the fridge, laid out a line and snorted it. As she felt the coke go through her she started to relax. How I've missed this. She thought, before snorting another line.