Chapter 27: The Calm

Start from the beginning

"Tristan?" (Y/n) questioned. The red-haired guard turned his head and looked over (Y/n) with surprise.

"Ah (Y/n)," he grinned. "It's been a while."

"Yeah it has. I didn't expect to see you here." She gestured to the throne room.

"Oh yeah, I'm on the King's guard today."

(Y/n) looked at him with confusion.

"They rotate people," he clarfied.

"That makes sense."

(Y/n) scratched the back of her neck. Her eyes lingered on the other guard. She wanted to ask about Liam, but she didn't know if it was a good time.

"So, she began, "have you talked to Liam lately?"

"Yeah, I actually saw him at the pub. He's glad to know that you're okay."

(Y/n) sighed in relief, and then her face contorted in amusement.

"A pub?" she asked with amusement. "That's an odd place to meet."

Tristan shrugged. "What can I say, it's the best part of Lissun. Good beer, good women."

"Ah a man of culture," she said sarcastically.

"You wound me (Y/n), Tristan said resting his hand over his heart dramatically. "I'll have you know that I'm a very cultured man."

"Oh really?" (Y/n) was unconvinced.

"Yes of course. I'm well versed in the most important parts of culture: people, language, and food," he leaned in. "My cooking tends to be very popular with the ladies."

(Y/n) let out a hearty laugh. "Wow a ladies man too. I bet it would take quite the woman to get you to settle down."

Tristan's face fell a bit, and a sad smile took over his face. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

(Y/n) felt the mood change. It was more serious, more melancholy. She thought about what she should say, but it didn't matter. The door to the throne room burst open.

Two guards emerged from the room dragging an older man.

"Throw that traitor in a cell." (Y/n) heard a powerful voice say. It was no doubt the king's.

(Y/n) looked towards Tristan and pointed down the hallway. Tristan nodded back. (Y/n) took this as her chance to leave. She didn't want to linger anywhere near the king for fear that he would change his mind and kill her.

She sighed and made her way to Roman's room. For some reason, (Y/n) could tell that it was going to be a very long day--call it a gut feeling if you will.

————————————————————————

(Y/n) stretched her back. She was done cleaning Roman's room. The male was there, but he didn't say much. It was odd to say the least. (Y/n) was walking back when she heard talking down one of the hallways. She walked a bit closer so she could hear, making sure to stay out of sight.

"...Ipsol tel sono," a voice said. It was Ellis'.

(Y/n) paused. She didn't understand his words, but they sounded familiar. They reminded her of the language that Myrrine spoke.

(Y/n) wanted to peek around the corner, but her fear held her back. What if he saw her? (Y/n) didn't want to face Ellis, especially after everything he had done. So, she decided to tear her attention away from the discussion.

With a new destination in mind, (Y/n) walked through the halls. She was going to see Haris. If she was right, he might know what Ellis' words meant. And if she was wrong, then it wasn't a big deal. It wasn't any of her business anyway.

She made her way to the stables, spotting Haris near the horses.He turned around and noticed the girl.

"(Y/n)!" the young boy yelled running up to her. (Y/n) bent down and gave him a hug.

"Hello Haris."

He looked up at her expectantly. "Are you here to play a game?"

(Y/n) hated to disapoint him, but she was there for a more important reason.

"Sorry bud, I came here to ask you something.

"It's okay. We can play another day," he said with a sad smile. "What did you want to ask?"

"What other language does your mother speak?"

The young boy gave her a toothy grin. "Tulsi. It is widely spoken in the kingdom of Tulsar."

"Hmm, I've never heard of it."

Haris didn't look very surprised. "It's a small farming kingdom. It's not that far away."

(Y/n) nodded. There was a question sitting in the back of her mind, one that she was unsure if she should ask. However, her curiosity got the best of her.

"Do you know what ipsol tel sono means?" she asked.

"ipsol tel sono," Hairs whispered. His eyebrows furrowed. "Where did you hear that?"

"I heard someone say it," (Y/n) said. "Do you know what it means?"

Haris hesitated. His next words made (Y/n) freeze.

"Kill the king."

1270 words

Ooo things are heating up. The next chapter might have one or more povs we haven't seen yet, so stay tuned. Also, I rewrote this chapter, but it still kinda sucks so sry. 😂

Next Update: Sat/Sun

Crown of Cruelty (Yandere Boys x F. Reader)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara