Chapter42- Rising Flames

Start from the beginning

I want to cry, mourn in grief, scream! But nothing comes out. I no longer can find those, so familiar, emotions in me.
Not a single tear finds its way to my face and neither does a single scream to my throat.
I can barely speak.
But yet something drowning deep inside me just enveloped every other emotion.
Sorrow.

And through that emotion, I can feel nothing more. —

—After a bit of driving I can feel Jaan slowly pull me out of the truck and sit me down on the ground as she sits down next to me and the priest starts to recite some mantra's.
That's when I notice everyone else wearing black clothes. But I never changed.
I'm still wearing the same light yellow top with black jeans and boots.
That explains why all the priests had been staring at me for so long.—
Jaan: you're wearing yellow.
Avu: the color of hope. Today is the last day. I swear after this I'll never wear the color again.
Jaan: no, Avu. It's fine. It doesn't matter.
Avu: after today, there's no hope.
Jaan: Avu you will find hope. You will-
Avu: my hope is right there, and it's soon going to be burned away.

—I watch as a few tears roll down Jaan's eyes, then I look back at the priest who finishes reading the mantra and then covers Sid with a fresh black cloth giving me a chance to get one last look at him.
Pale. But he doesn't look any different from sleeping.
That's same Siddharth who would get up suddenly and hug me and tell me not to drown. Now has the same closed eyes. But only this time, they're never going to open again.
I watch as they cover him again with the white cloth and carry him out to the field.
Jaan pulls me up and walks me there just in time to watch them pray one last time and then set fire to my hopes.

I watch Siddharth's body burn under the white sheets as the fire catches on and rises, turning all my hopes into ashes.
He's gone.

Forever.

Reemi POV
—Jai pulls me over as I just sob on and on, my throat parched and my feet numb.
He's gone. He's really gone.

Everything happened so quickly that my brain is still processing the fact that I'm never going to see Siddharth again.
Until now, I couldn't accept that, but watching the fire rise as Siddharth burns, realization suddenly hits me that I'll never hear from him again.

I feel someone tap on me from behind and I turn around to find a sore eyed and trembling Vaishnavi.—
Reem: Vai? You're here?
(Vai and Reem hug tightly sobbing into each other's shoulders)
Vai: is her really gone? S-Siddharth?
Reem: (her voice muffled) yes. He's gone Vaishnavi. My brother. He's gone. (Sobbing some more)
Reem: you should go help Abhi. He's not in very good condition. Look, he's sitting over there.
(Vai walks over to a ghastly and dull Abhi who now has his forehead resting on his hands as he just stares at the burning white cloth as the fire starts to die down)

No one's POV
Abhi: (whispering in a low voice) he's gone Vai. He's dead.
Vai: (speechless)
(Vai hugging him through his hands as he sobs into her shoulder)
Vai: He wouldn't want you to cry like this. Especially not for him.
Abhi: (through muffled sobs) but he's no longer there Vai.
Vai: you may not know it but he's still somewhere, and he's telling you that you're a stupid dumbass.
(Vai letting out a hard smile as they both break down at all the memories they had together. All those times in the college cafeteria when Sid would sneak up and eat Abhi's cake. Or when he would force Abhi to eat those disgusting omelettes.)
Vai: (sobbing) he never really learned how to cook did he?
Abhi: those omelettes are perhaps what I'll miss most about him. Along with everything else.
Vai: I made a mistake by going off with Rishi.
Abhi: (looking her in the eye worriedly) did he hurt you?
Vai: no. But I shouldn't have left you. My timing is always the worst.
Abhi: It's alright. (Trying to reassure her) I'm fine.
Vai: you're anything but fine. I'll vet you some water.
Abhi: yes please. (Vai goes inside to get some water as Faisu walks over to Abhi and Jaan walks over to Reem and Jai sits next to Avu)

Jai: Avu? Avu? (No response)
Avu: (Just staring at the flame which is now dying down) He's gone.
Jai: (hugging Avneet tight but having nothing left to say to console her)
(Faisu walks over to them with a glass of water which he himself drinks)

Faisu: you alright?
Avu: I want to break up with you.
Faisu: dont worry about that. We were never really together.
(Avu now turning to him, a little surprised by his unexpected response)
Faisu: But of what I do know. I would do anything for my brother.
(Staring at the flames)
Faisu: which includes giving Siddharth an excuse to come meet you.
(Avu now shocked)
Faisu: that is, unless you had a better idea.
Avu: thank you.
(Faisu giving Avu a tight hug)
Faisu: you're welcome sis.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vomment!

Rest in peas Siddharth.

To made y'all happy... the plot is gonna get a little happier from now on. (If I'm in a good mood ;))

I hate my new English teacher.

Until I write again,

<—Sidneetography—>