17 - Nail in the coffin

- Lilith pov -

I groaned as I got up from where my head was resting on the table. I looked at the maps that were scattered out on the table. I quickly eyed the bottle of alcohol that was next to them. I sat up my head started pounding as I clumsy reached for the bottle. I groaned as I held my head in one hand. While my other hand was still wrapped around the bottle. I looked up quickly as there was a knock on the door. I groaned out in pain from the fast rush that went to my head.

Shit shit shit.

I quickly stumbled to my feet and grabbed one of my daggers that was on the table. Walking the best I could to the door. I opened it slightly and looked at the figure on the other side. I opened the door and pulled them in quickly shutting the door behind them. "Why are you here! Your parents would kill you and who knows maybe too! Do you know who you father is your majesty." I gave him a look and he gave you a look back. Probably realizing that you've been drinking. But his body language and look quickly changed as I followed his gaze as he looked around the cabin. Once I got back from the tavern I had packed up most of my stuff or burned it.

"You're-you're leaving aren't you.." he said lowly and looked at me with a disappointing glare. I hated it, I looked at the maps and things scattered around avoiding his gaze.
I knew those looks he gave me all to well.

"Yes Charming." You chuckled slightly that died out quickly as soon as you looked at him. The look of hurt in his eyes. I took a step forward and then stopped. I looked away from him. I could feel his gaze on my form.

This need to happen.
This needed to happen.

Right...?

"You don't have to do this. You've gotten through worse. We can get through this. I will help you get through this. We'll get through this Lilith. If you do this— your giving up. Your giving up on Luna, your giving up on Jordan-"

He stopped and started to walk around the cabin. His back was to towards me. I could picture the hurt look on his face. I heard a faint and quiet...sob come from his direction.

Your breaking him..

You are ruining another relationship.

You are such an idiot. But it's for the best right.

My thoughts were so loud that I almost missed what he said as he turned and faced me .

"Y-your giving up on m-me. Please don't give up on me."

He said as he took a step closer back towards me. I adverted my gaze from him as I could feel him watch my form as I walked over to the opposite side of the table.

" I have one card left to play and I have to play it! I don't have a tomorrow here Dean. Once I'm caught I'm done for I know of it." I yelled at him as I slammed a fist down on the table.

"You have one card today but will find another tomorrow! Will do that together! You have a tomorrow Lilith! An if you cant see that now I'll help you see that. Because what your doing now...i-it's—it's wrong." He shouted and stopped trying to find the words.

"ITS QUITTING! I believe in us, Lilith. Why don't you believe in us too...?" He trailed off towards the end he couldn't stop his voice from breaking. I could tell, I just stood there facing him. Trying my best to put on a mask and to be brave. To do the things that he wouldn't. To do the thing that would both kill us.

To do the right thing for once.

I pushed the table out of the way and he backed up at my sudden outburst. I opened hidden area that hid the crown. I took at the satchel missing the looks he gave me. I took out the crown and stood up. "This! This Dean! This is why!" I yelled at him finally looking at him directly in the eyes. More venom dripping from the lie that you'd expected as Deans eyes flashed from different emotions. His eyes gaze were still on the crown. I continued on with speaking.

Thisneededtobedone
Thisneededtobedone
Thisneededtobedone
Thisneededtobedone

"What we had was nothing. It was a mistake. We both know this wouldn't have lasted long. You can't lie to me Winchester on that. Did you really think I loved you..?" I said as I could feel the venom dripping from my words. I put the crown back into the satchel and put it on. Then finally looked at him and he looked so crushed and heart broken. I watched as a lone tear rolled down his cheek. My thoughts and body screamed at me to go over to him and wipe the tear away. To say that it was just the booze.

But this needed to end.
He had a kingdom to protect.
He had a life. You didn't.
You'd sealed your fate already.

"No. No. You can't say that like this meant nothing. That I meant nothing! You just can pin it on the crown! No!" He shouted, his eyes dark and filed with anger and...sadness..

"Look at me please and tell me this was just the booze. Lilith-"

"Your nothing to me, your majesty." I said as I looked directly at him.  He looked directly at me we just stood there in silence.

That was it the final note.

The final nail in the coffin.

I grabbed my cloak and walked towards the door. "Where are you going..?" He voice cracked as he spoke. He sniffed from all the crying, he couldn't help it. Even after this he still cared about you even when you were trying to push him away. He still cared.

He still loved you.

I didn't dare look back at him. Even though my body and mind screamed at me to do so. To look back at the eldest Winchester. The green eyed Prince. The person that loved you and wanted you. Your lover.

I stopped before opening it. My back was still to him. I took a long and deep breath. "Close your eyes." You paused and look down. "Close your eyes Dean." I said lowly and with that I finally looked back at him.

He had listen his face was red and patchy because of crying. His cheeks were tear stained. His hair was spiking out everywhere. His freckles that I wished I could count but knew I would lose count. We would laugh about it. I couldn't help but smile. As much as I hated to admit it. He made me feel things that I'd never thought I would ever feel.

He made me want to stop.

To try to wipe the slate clean.

But now I would do it alone without him by my side for him to see. For him to worry about and risk his life for. Keeping him away from his father wrath if he ever found out.

"I'll always love you." I whispered and looked at him one last time before walking out. I got on my horse and rode off.

This was for the best right..?

- - -

A/N - everything that has a beginning has an end.