1 - Free once more

Finally it's never been this long since someone has stopped by. It could be the room update.. I thought to myself. The room was windowless, all stone walls, floor and ceiling. The only light was coming from the lantern light in the hall, which could be seen through the little opening in the door that was barred off. I snapped out of my thoughts as I finally heard footsteps.

Surprisingly they didn't walk by like most patrollers sometimes did a few times a day. I walked over to the usual spot behind the door, for once the cell helped by being so dark. What felt like eternity, the sound of metal was heard clicking and the door was starting to open.

"Hey, hey Your out alright! Please don't jump me again." A voice mumbled behind the door. I chuckled as I finally walked to look who it was standing in the door way. "What would I do without you Jordan." I said playful and smirked. "Be rotting in a cell." He said with a small smile.

"No chick flick moments." I said as I brushed past him walking out of the cell and started walking towards the main entrance into the castle's prison. "Wait up!" He shouted from behind. I shook my head as I got closer to the main doors I stopped and looked at the guards watching the doors.

I gave each of them a look up and down. Then focused on one of the right side of the door. He looked back trying to put on a brave act. This is hilarious.

I held back a chuckle as he swallow down the lump that you could see form in his this throat. I opened my mouth to speak but then the doors opened. He must have caught up. I thought as I took the first steps out of the prison. Jordan on my tail as we walked out of the castle. It was almost night the sun was just setting. I could feel Jordan's eyes on me as we made it past the last few guards before getting into the village. "Alright, so who was it this time." He said breaking the silence as we walked side by side. "A new knight.." I said as I rolled my eyes. I thought of the bet that we started that soon turned into a game where we bet would catch me. "That's another one for me! We're tied now." He said clapping his hands. I punched him playfully as we got to edge of the village and the outskirts.

Soon enough we were a few blocks away from emerald moon. The best tavern in the kingdom, even if the location being close enough to the village but not exactly in the village. Most villagers didn't dare go but some had the guts. Hell to even work there too some of them for a shift or two. "Hey before we go in here.." he trailed off as he took out some of my weapons that I had on me before I was caught.

"I was wondering when you were going to give those back" I said as I looked at him, then taking the items and putting them back in there places. I stopped outside before going into the tavern. He gave me a quick glance then continued to walk towards the tavern. I looked at some of the horses that were tied up in the front. Must be sirens or villagers. I thought staring at the horses for a bit longer. Then caught up to Jordan, and we entered the tavern.

I once again stopped as we got inside taking in the smells and sea of people. For a night like it was business was doing well here, it was almost packed. "None of them in sight either." I said in a low tone and looked from Jordan talking to some people then to the door behind me. "Hey hey. It's your first night out. Your staying here for the night alright." Someone said walking past me.

"Luna Coleman, alive and in the flesh" I called back as I followed her to the bar. "I should be saying that to you. Wanted for what.. 300 now." She said looking at me and then putting down the empty glasses for refills. "It will only keep going up from here." I half joked. She punched me back in the arm. "That's for leaving without saving anything. And-" she cut herself off as she hugged me. I waited a minute to hug her back. "This is for being a pain in the ass" she whispered in my ear. As she walked away with the filled up glasses.

I just grinned to myself as I sat down at the bar. Jordan sliding the usual as I sat down, I nodded at him and he did the same back. He started talking but I zoned out. As I turned around and looked at the tables full of people. I stopped as I noticed someone in a cloak in the back of the room in a booth. "Who's the mystery person in the corner." I turned back to look at Jordan out of the blue. "Did you- never mind. I don't know never seen em before." He said. "Also I think about it but I won't keep promises." I said and winked at him as he finished refilling my beer. He shook as head as he walked back into the kitchen.

Fuck it I thought. As I went behind the bar and poured two glasses of whiskey and the bottle. Then walking over to the back corner sliding into the booth.