Chapter - Twenty-Seven

Chapter 27

umm it would be nice if you commented, but dont feel that you have to :)

Not been edited!!

MASON'S POV

Before I chicken out I bang on the door as soon as I get there, before I have any time to think over what I'm going to do. Jess opens it, I can tell she is surprised to see me but she quickly covers it up with a smile.

"We need to talk." I say before she can speak.

"Sure," she says standing to the side to let me in.

I take a seat opposite her in the living room and sigh before I start.

"I know that you aren't pregnant," I begin.

She just stares at me clearly shell-shocked, the colour drains from her face, the panic becomes evident in her eyes.

"Mason...I...-," she tries to speak but I cut her off.

"Seth put you up to it," I say sounding harsher then I probably should have. Her eyes fill up with tears, then I remember the extent of the damage she's caused to me in the past.

She stands up as well and tries to touch my arm.

"Don't touch me," I say venomously stepping away from her. I sigh "I think that you owe it to me, to just tell me the truth, this one last time,"

She sniffs involuntarily and nods "Okay."

"Go on then, I want to hear it all."

"Well, when I moved back here I ran into Seth in town, I asked about you and he said you were fine. I was with Sara, he asked us both to come for a coffee so we did. After that day he turned up at my door and he started to hang around with me and Sara, and then I kind of started to fall for him." She pauses and looks at my face which I am fighting hard to keep expressionless.

"Then what?" I prod.

"But he wasn't interested in me, he was after Sara, but he could see that she was so madly in love with Kaylan. I started to see less and less of him, but my feelings didn't change I still liked him, so one day when he came to my door after a couple of months I let him in. He kissed me then he told me to pretend that Kaylan had raped me and I got pregnant."

I stare at her, is Seth really so special that she would go out of her way to hurt her best friend.

"Why did you say yes, you knew how wrong it must have been." I tell her.

"I know it was wrong, but he said that he'd be very happy with me and I thought that if I did it he would ask me out. I was wrong though, I haven't seen him much since. Sara isn't speaking to me, so I've gotten what I deserve." She says a few tears leaking out.

She looks so weak and sad, almost like how she did when she left me.

"Why did you leave Jessie?" I ask using the name I used to call her time ago.

She looks down, her hair covering her face "I'm sorry Mason, I can't tell you." She whispers.

"Did you even ever love me at all?" I ask feeling my anger rise.

"Of course I did." She answers suddenly looking up to meet me eyes.

"Right, well whatever that doesn't matter now," I say raking a hand through my hair "I should go then.

She nods but doesn't say anything now. She's still beautiful to me and I think that a part of me will always love her. When she left me it took me ages to go through a minute without thinking of her, then eventually time had started to slowly but surely heal my wound so that I wasn't so terribly heart-broken. But seeing her again has shown me that I need to still have time to get over completely, but then as I loved her so dearly won't a part of me still love her?

I just don't know. I sigh as I step outside and turn around to say goodbye for the last time.

"Maybe you should speak to Seth about it too. He only told me the half of it, he probably had other motives too," she says.

"Yeah, I know." I reply quietly.

"I'm so sorry that I screwed everything up between us Mason," she says as I turn to leave. I pause and look at her and just nod again.

We both know I'm not ready to forgive her just yet. She watches me as I leave the gate and climb into my car and she waves me off. I don't look back to see when she returns inside.

I don't want to speak to Seth in this state, so I head over to Kian. When I get there I get a shock; there is a sold sign on his apartment.

"What the hell is going on here?" I ask I step in. The whole house has been stripped, there are boxes everywhere most of them are empty but there are piles of things beside them.

"Mason?" it's Kaylan, I turn and he frowns at me. I can't tell how angry he is.

"Hey," I raise my hand, before he can say anything I open my mouth and say "I'm sorry, like really sorry, I shouldn't have lashed out like that, it was very wrong."

"Yeah it was. But it's okay, I'm over it." He says.

"So where are you going?" I ask him.

"Oh me and Sara brought a house." He says grinning.

"What about Kian?" I wonder.

"He's going to move too, not with us though, he needs a fresh start." He says just as Kian walks in.

"Hey, did you go and see Jess yet?" he asks walking over.

"Yeah, she just did whatever Seth wanted because she was in love with him," I say to them.

"But Seth must have other reasons too right?" Kian says to me, taking a seat at the edge of the sofa.

Oh kian, always the bright one.

"Yeah, but I haven't found them out yet, I will soon. " A thought suddenly pops into my head "You're not moving too far are you?" I ask worriedly.

"No," they both reply at the same time.

"We're moving nearer to you actually." Kian says with a laugh.

A few hours later after an afternoon of relaxing, I decide I should head back, just as I stand my phone beeps. It's mum telling me to come to the hospital again, I groan loudly.

"What?" Kian asks frowning over at me.

"Hospital again." I mutter crossly.

"Is Elijah there as well?" Kaylan asks from beside Kian.

"He will be," I say yawning.

They both exchange worried glances.

"What about Ella?" Kian questions standing up also.

I sigh "She's madly in love with him;" I shake my head "She's not been spending much time with Elijah over the past couple of days. She's seen me a few times, asked about him, he didn't tell her Lilly was in hospital, he said it was a friend."

"Are they still getting married?" Kaylan enquires.

"Yeah, I mean he's just upset because Lilly is his best friend and well we have to face it, she's slipping away. He still likes Ella and everything." I reassure them both and head for the door, "I'll see you both later."

"Bye," they chorus at the door bangs shut.

******************************************************************************

Lia xxx

Hope you liked it!!

Next chapter: Mason confronts Seth and Cassie (Ella's mum) has a confession to make....