𝟏𝟏 | 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐚𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐞

Start from the beginning

"Does that mean it's working?" She heard him ask the witch.

"It's working." Adelaide finally tore her eyes away from him and the witch as Jenna began to speak to the two sisters.

"The day that the lawyers called to tell me that I was going to become your guardian, you know what my first thought was? Isn't there someone else who can do this?" Jenna began to explain, fighting through the tears that she refused to let fall.

"Jenna there was no one else who could have gotten me, Adelaide and Jeremy through all of that." Elena told their Aunt as she paced inside the circle.
"It's just the thought that I almost passed up taking care of you." Jenna shook her head, her eyes glistening in the fire.

"But you didn't." Adelaide shook her head, kneeling at the side of the fire. It wasn't too hot if she was being honest. She felt like if she were to touch it it wouldn't burn her, but she daren't risk even trying in case it did. "You out your entire life on hold to help us."

"Look around, Adelaide, Elena. I failed you." Jenna scolded herself.

"No." The sisters both shook their heads instantly. "You didn't."
"I failed you. Both of you. I'm so sorry." Elena replied her face full of regret, looking at Jenna and then Adelaide.

"Don't say that." Adelaide shook her head. "I would find out eventually. Remember I'm also needed in this ritual. And besides, I'm some sort of supernatural creature myself." Adelaide shed a few tears before she wiped them away furiously, making her cheeks feel sore. "This is not your fault. It's none of ours." She tied to convince both her Aunt and Elena who both felt like they were to blame.

"Listen, being a vampire, it intensifies your guilt." Elena began in a low whisper towards Jenna, "But it also makes you stronger and faster. You can fight back. We're gonna get through this. We'll be okay." Elena gestured between herself and Adelaide, who nodded. "I need you to believe that." Elena lowered her voice even more, to make sure Klaus didn't hear her. "Promise me, when you get the chance... run." Elena held a finger up to her lips, barely saying the last word. But Jenna nodded, showing she understood.

"Hello, Jenna." Adelaide tensed up, straightening her back as Klaus made his way back over to them. She sent a glare towards Klaus.

"Let her go. I understand that I have to die, but she doesn't!" Elena yelled at Klaus, begging him. The fire surrounding Elena rose as she stepped too close to it.

"Careful," Klaus tutted sarcastically.

"Elena, don't." Jenna warned the girl.

"No Jenna. We can't leave Jeremy without a family." Elena argued back.

"Who says Jeremy will be alone. He will have Adelaide." Klaus responded, "Why does everyone think I am going to kill her as well. I just need a bit of her blood." Adelaide frowned at the information. She didn't think Klaus was going to kill her in the first place if she was being completely honest - she had a gut feeling.

"I followed your rules, I did everything that you asked. I didn't run. Please." Elena carried on begging Klaus.

"Please Klaus." He turned to look at Adelaide and for a moment she was sure she saw the sympathetic look he had earlier expressed on his face, but his stare immediately turned cold.

"Well, well." He smirked, "I don't recall you being on the guest list." Adelaide furrowed her eyebrows as they all turned to look where Klaus was now looking. They saw Stefan standing at the top of the hill near them.

"I'm here to talk." Adelaide heard Stefan say as if he was right next to her.
"Very well, then." Within a second Klaus and used his speed to stand in front of Stefan.

"What can I do for you, Mr. Salvatore?" Adelaide heard Klaus ask Stefan.

"You don't need to kill Jenna." Stefan replied. Adelaide briefly heard her sister tell Jenna that she would be able to also hear into their conversation. "I'll take her place." Adelaide let out a loud gasp at the news, her eyes going wide.

"Oh, I don't know." Klaus shrugged. "I rather appreciate the symmetry of four women... four goddesses... three sacrificed at nature's altar."

"Don't play games with me." Stefan snapped back. "You'll get what you wanted." Adelaide tuned out Elena and Jenna as Jenna told Elena what they were saying.

"You're quite the hero, aren't you?" Klaus taunted him. "I've heard that about you."
"Just make the trade." Stefan demanded. "Me for Jenna."

"Oh my god," Adelaide turned to look at Jenna.

"What? What is it?" Elena demanded, worriedly.

"He wants to take Jenna's place." Adelaide told Elena as Jenna gaped. 

··

Do you prefer the short but more frequent chapters or the longer chapters which take longer to write? Like, this episode is going to be split into two chapters and the episode before was four chapters. 

Can any one guess what supernatural creature Adelaide is? I'm so excited to be able to reveal it but it won't be for quite a few episodes. Cause' not even Elijah knows what she is. 

··

⧫ 𝐩𝐮𝐛𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐡𝐞𝐝 𝟐𝟎 // 𝟎𝟓 // 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎 ⧫