Haven blinked rapidly as she looked at the nurse in front of her, her eyes going wide.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I'm sorry, sweetie, I just... he was talking about how Allison was the only woman in the world, and I might've just... told him to look around and see that there were others out there," Melissa said to her.

"I didn't even know you knew."

"Mothers intuition," Melissa shrugged. "The same way your mother has an intuition about him." She pointed at Stiles, who noticed their glances and waved.

There was a scream from Lydia's room, and Stiles bolted up.

"What the hell was that?" Melissa asked as everyone scrambled into her room, Stiles yelling out Lydia's name and pushing past everyone else to open the bathroom door. 

Haven and Lydia both looked to the open window, the only way she could have possibly left.

When Noah came down to the hospital, Stiles gave a description of Lydia as if he had it memorized. "Five foot three, green eyes, fair-skinned, and her hair is actually strawberry blonde."

"Is that right?" Noah asked.

"Yeah," nodded Stiles, and his dad placed a hand on the back of his neck, bringing him away from the others.

"You friends with that kid?" Mr. Martin asked Haven.

"Best."

"And take Haven, too. I saw her bike outside," Noah said loudly, concluding his quiet take with his son. 

Stiles glanced over his shoulder at her, and she scurried to his side.

✧☾✧

Haven climbed into the backseat while Stiles handed Scott a hospital gown.

"This is the one she was just wearing?" Scott asked her, and Stiles nodded. "I'm not gonna let anyone hurt her. Not again."

"You've been doing lots of hurting when it comes to the girls important to me," Stiles muttered.

Scott peered into the backseat at Haven.

"Hey," he said softly.

"Hi," she said awkwardly, pressing her lips to a thin line. She didn't know how to feel now that he knew she had liked him.

"Do we need to talk about it—"

"I'd prefer it if we didn't...?" she replied.

"Got it," he nodded.

"All right, just shove the thing in your face and let's find her," Stiles said to Scott.

He started the car engine and yelped, "Wow," as Allison's face illuminated with the headlights. 

She ran to the passenger seat window, and Scott asked her what she was doing there. 

"Someone's gonna see us," Scott warned her, and Haven grabbed both of the passenger seats to hold herself up, her head peaking through the chairs.

"I don't care—She is my best friend, and we need to find her before they do," replied Allison.

"I can find her before the cops can," Scott said.

"How about before my father does?"

"He knows?" Stiles asked.

"Yeah. I just saw him and three other guys leave my house in two SUVs," Allison informed them, and the trio of best friends shared a solemn look.