57

When jimin had woken up (due to a bump on the road knocking him out of his slumber), he felt soft hair brushing over his cheek, and a hand tightly holding his own.

He blinked the sleepiness away from his eyes, opening them cautiously in fear of having an overwhelming amount of light enter them. Once he adjusted his eyes, he glanced downward to his hand, seeing that yoongi had not changed his hold on the other since they left jin's apartment.

He softly smiled at this, lightly nuzzling his cheek into the head of hair that lay upon his shoulder. He turned his attention to the window at his side, unconsciously rubbing the padding of his thumb over the back of yoongi's hand while doing so. At this time in the travel, jimin was at the point of not knowing where they were in correlation to their destination. He furrowed his eyebrows, confused as to how long he had been asleep.

He softly sighed as he looked forward, seeing the back of everyone else's heads. He froze with a thought, 'it's weird that everyone is sitting with their partners and then there's me and yoongi Hyung'. He shook his head lightly, making sure not to disturb his kitten-like hyung, as a way to knock the thought out of his mind.

"Taetae," he quietly said to garner taehyung's attention, who was sat in front of him.

The other responded quickly, turning his head to get a good look at the other with a raised eyebrow and a soft smile planted on his lips.

"Well good morning, sleepyhead. Nice to see you finally awake," Taehyung said sarcastically, a grin on his lips.

This made jimin smile and roll his eyes, "oh whatever. how much longer?"

Taehyung smiled towards the other boy, "we're almost at the place we're gonna be staying, no more than twenty minutes- tops."

With the answer looming in jimin's ears, he nodded softly, and turned his attention back to the world outside of the window, racing away as each second passed.

As a kid, jimin had always loved road trips. He loved being able to get lost inside his mind, an excitement bubbling within his chest as the destination became closer.

He loved the times where he would fall asleep in a familiar setting, only to wake up much later and see new surroundings.

The trips would be a break from what he was used to. In the moment, he wouldn't have to do the same, repetitive things he got so accustomed to. He could break away from his cycle, even if it was only for a limited time.

Even now, being older, he still finds solace in breaking away from what he's used to when going on trips.

His mind takes a break, and all he can focus on is the new things that surround him.

It's refreshing, he thinks. The change of scenery.

He lets out a sigh, eyes following the movement of the landscape quickly passing by, softly placing his head back on yoongi's.

When they eventually made it to their destination, jimin had (reluctantly) been the one to wake up yoongi (who had looked like a sleeping kitten, which was the cause of jimin's hesitance to wake him up).

"Hyung," jimin said softly, not wanting to startle the older when waking him up. When he saw that the hushed words weren't gonna he enough to wake the other, he moved his hand to lightly move yoongi's shoulder.

Stirring from his slumber, yoongi lightly grunted as he moved his head farther into jimin's shoulder. The action caused jimin to giggle, huffing out a small "hyung! we're here!"

Yoongi scrunched his nose as he sighed, slowly bringing himself to stretch out his sleepy body as he began to move away from jimin's side.

"You sure I can't just stay in here the rest of the trip? I've gotten pretty comfortable," yoongi jokes, causing jimin to playfully roll his eyes as he moved to open the door.