"I made some breakfast if you want to grab a plate?" I suggested.

"That's okay, Sidney grabbed me something from the breakfast spot near school; I'll snatch a bit of this bacon though!" She replied before doing as she said. "I also tried to say goodbye to mom but she's already fast asleep."

"I figured. Just be safe on the road and text me when you get there, aight?"

"Will do!"

We shared a small dab then I made sure she was safely out of the door before locking it behind her. I then finished up the last bit of breakfast and sat it to the side since the only person now eating was myself. I took my time enjoying the delicious sandwich and extra bacon, then cleaned up my mess so that I could head upstairs and get dressed for the day. I kept my outfit simple by wearing black jeans and a black distressed Givenchy pullover with my classic timbs and army-fatigue jacket. When I came out of the closet, Beyoncé was still peaceful.

"Baby, I'm getting ready to leave out.." I mumbled as I leaned across the bed. My voice caused her eyes to open slowly and she released a small yawn before responding.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Run a few errands and going by to see my mom.." I trailed off. She gave me a mean glare before rolling her eyes slightly and readjusting the blankets.

"I rather you stay here but that's okay; just be safe."

"Always. I love you."

"Love you, too.." She mumbled before throwing the blankets over her head. I gently peeled them back and snuck in a kiss before she could curse me out and said goodbye one last time before heading down to the garage and into the car to drive off to my first destination.

As I pulled into the driveway of my mother's house, I said a small prayer for protection from her messy antics. When she found out Beyoncé was pregnant, she threw a whole fit and chastised me for making these moves with someone I barely knew, which was a definite lie. Yeah, B and I haven't been together for years on end, but we understood our love for each other and took nothing that has occurred in our relationship for granted. And to be honest with myself, the conception of my boys couldn't have happened at a better moment in my life! God knew that this pregnancy would cause me to slow down, and understand that every move I made from here on out would effect my sons' lives; I couldn't wait to hold them in my arms and raise them up to be way better than I turned out.

My mom spotted my car from the window and waved her hand to get my attention. After I locked my door behind me, I followed behind her into comforting living room. Once I got her out of Marcy, she settled for a nice spot on the other side of the river in Jersey, which offered her a break from my foolishness in the city. To this day, she still isn't comfortable with what I do for a living and no matter how much judgment she may pass on, this career will probably be never ending.

"How's the weather today?" She asked while we took our seats on the sofa.

"It's chilly, no doubt. I just hope the sun will be out for the baby shower." I replied.

"Right, the shower .. Is everything coming along?"

"It is, very smoothly. Beyoncé isn't really up for it so I don't think it will run long."

"And why is that?" She said with a bit of fire.

I kissed my teeth, "Because she 8 months pregnant with twins, ma. I don't know how much moving or standing you think she can really do right now."

"I guess-"

"Listen, I just want to know if you're coming or not?" I cut her off to get right to business. She gave me a mean glare and slowly crossed her arms over her chest.