And besides, the club members were perfectly good people! Their President, Fujie, was quite a capable person albeit being a little ditzy. On the other hand, Bunta might've came off a little nerdy, with his round spectacles and bowl-cut that told people he was explicitly into intellectual stuff and nothing else— and he is that. That's what he was; nerdy, but he's nice! And that's all that matters—right?

As for Goichi— Mina purses her lips. Normally, she wasn't one who put people in their stereotypical molds but when it came to him, she didn't even know if he belonged here. Compared to the regular pubescent boys that filled the majority of Karasuno's population, Goichi was quite muscular. He was the well-knit, athletic type that seemed more befitting for sports like American Football, but he ended up here with them. Girls tried their hand at joining the club due to him, but he was nothing more than a naive meathead.

So, they quit.

How he ended up here, she didn't know.

Lastly, Maiko was the only third-year along Fujie. Mina didn't know much about the older girl since she was a little tough [ her words and actions towards men speak great volumes ] but she's nice too! A bit harsh but she means well—probably.

"What if we do busking?" The second-year Bunta, suggests with a raise of his hand.

Everyone's gaze settles on him, blinking like they might've just found some hope in that suggestion.

"Busking where? Outside Mitsui Outlet?" Another second-year, Goichi, pipes up quite naively.

The third-year Maiko on the other hand, frowns as she slaps the male by his arm. "That's a stupid question-! Of course not, we're doing it at school! We're trying to get more members from our school, remember?"

"You didn't have to hit me, you know..."

On the other hand, their President who's been pondering over the suggestion this whole time, hums and turns to them.

"That's a good idea! With the school's Cultural Festival coming up, we'll be sure to make a good impression on our students and to public visitors alike! Good going, Bunta!"

Hoorays erupted around the room and resulting with Mina forcefully having to stand up and join their jolly chants around the table, hands knitted together while they sung praises about the idea. She on the other hand, was out of the loop. That was it? It took them the whole two hours to figure out an idea, the whole club session to figure out what they should do to gather applicants for the club. Mind you, no one spoke during that period, not even ideas tossed around or banters to either approve or disapprove something; but this one idea has connected all of them out of the blue, after a solid two hours. No pros and cons discussion, no back-up plans, no nothing— it was go big or go home with this idea.

They were quite the... carefree people, she thought.

Either way, this should be the end of it—right?

THAT WASN'T THE END TO IT.

Mina believed that the club was going to go back to its regular track, practicing and teaching each other techniques amidst preparations for the Cultural Festival but it seems like she landed on a mine. In her grasp was a popsicle stick with the word winner written vertically. The more she stared at it, the more she felt like she was getting mocked by the irony of it. Before the club ended a few days ago, Fujie proposed they choose someone to sing for one of the songs, and because everyone averted their eyes, there was no choice but to allow their luck to decide their fate instead.