Chapter Five

" Happy birthday dear daddy
Happy birthday to you, " Maz and I sang for my dad. The guy was turning 56, but still looking very dapper." Okay so you guys have hair appointments, but I made sure that they're coming here." Said my mom as she walked out of the bathroom in her bathrobe.

I was not going to school because of a very busy day today. I left the room so that I could go and tell Luther that I wasn't attending school today. I had trouble sleeping last night because I wondered what Luther and Amazon were doing. It was rubbing me the wrong way, but I couldn't act on it because I had no right to and it was something that was bound to happen.

I knocked on Luther's door and waited for him to open the door. The door opened and there he was shirtless in boxers. A sight I wouldn't mind seeing all day if I had to be frank." Good morning sexy, so I'm not going to school today."

" Oh, you feeling sick?"

" I wish. We'll be spending the day getting ready so school will be in the way. You're off the hook today, " I said and turned to walk away, but Luther held my arm and stopped me from walking away. I looked up at him and he said, "Thank you for the gift and I'm genuinely thankful for the music list."

" You're welcome Luther, " I said with a smile. We looked at each other for a few seconds before he let me go and I walked away, heading to my room.

*****

Spending the whole day getting ready was honestly, the most unnecessary thing ever, but it was finally done and I looked like such a dark princess. I loved it so much.

My mother always outdid herself when it came to picking my dresses and this time I was definitely in love. I stood in front of my mirror and took a really good look at myself and saw that I needed one more piece to complete my look. I went to my nightstand and took the necklace that Luther bought for me. I wasn't going to put it on myself, I was going to ask him because it only seemed fair in my perspective.

Luther's P.O.V

I turned around and saw Amala walking down the stairs in a gorgeous black number, She had her hair in a tight bun, her makeup wasn't too much it was just enough and I know it was wrong, but her breasts looked amazing in the dress. My elegant princess, beautiful princess.

I wished I was escorting her, I wished I was her date, but the odds were definitely against us." Hey, Luther can you please do me a favor?" She asked as she approached me, I don't even think she was aware of the smile on my face." Anything Amala, anything."

" Can you help me put this on? " she asked and brought out the necklace that I had bought for her. My heart stopped for a second and right there and then I knew that she was mine and only mine.

I knew that I wanted to do it all with her and do it all for her, I didn't care about the danger, I wanted Amala and I was going to have her." Of course, " I said then took the necklace from her. Amala turned around and I begin to put it on her. She smelt like vanilla, she smelt so sweet. I closed my eyes and inhaled her scent for a second before a placed the necklace gently around her neck.

Her skin was soft and warm. I so badly wanted to kiss her on her neck, but I restrained myself." Okay, I'm done, " I said reluctantly. I wanted to always be this close to her, feel her warmth, get lost in her scent, and kiss every single inch of her beautiful brown skin. She turned to face me, not moving away, and said, " Thank you, Luther." She placed her hand on my chest, my hand was on her arm.

Was this the moment where we finally kissed or was it yet another moment of strong gazes? I didn't know, but I never wanted this moment to end. I moved my hand from her arm to her face and let out a sigh. She eased into my touch and I knew that if I made a move then it would have been accepted." Amala we're coming downstairs. You better be down there, " said her mom and we immediately moved away from each other and collected ourselves. Another beautiful moment ended abruptly.

******

Amala's P.O.V

My father's gala was quite beautiful, there were so many people, the band kept playing really good music and the speeches were touching. My dad had amazing people in his circle, I hope he was honored." Your happy socks are cool, " said Amazon to Luther.

I looked at Luther and smiled, he wore them so he liked them." I know. I love the socks, " he said then gave me a wink. I giggled then went about my business. It was soon going to be my time to sing, I had never been nervous, but this time I was and I knew that it was because of Luther. I wanted to impress him. He had become that person now, a person I wanted to impress and constantly put a smile on his face.

******

Luther's P.O.V

Amala stood there on the stage and started singing, all my focus went to her. It was just her and I in this grand hall. She was singing to me, she was asking me to love her, to tell her that I love her. I believed all her words and held on to them as if they were a promise to me.

I knew the reality of the situation, but for that moment, I was in my fantasy and it was a perfect world where the world knew that I loved this woman and this woman loved me dearly.

Her voice was angelic, she had a talent and I loved the fact that she shared it with close friends and family. Her eyes weren't on her father, they were on me. Amala was truly singing for me. After today, I was going to pursue this with her and I didn't care what was going to happen. My happiness mattered and Amala was my happiness.

Amala's P.O.V

My eyes were on Luther's eyes as I sang the last part of the song. I wanted him, I couldn't deny it anymore. After that moment in the hallway, I knew that I was ready to risk it all for him. Maybe it was my irrational teenage mind speaking, but I didn't care. She was screaming and I could hear the bitch loud and clear.

******

Luther's P.O.V

I brought Amala home as per her father's request and promised to come back. Amala was tired and wanted to rest. I carried her bridal style and walked up the stairs to her room. Amala had her arms wrapped around my neck and her head on my shoulders. I was really at my happiest and I didn't want to go back at all. I wanted to stay here with her.

I opened her bedroom door then walked in, closed it behind me, and made my way to her bed. I placed her gently in the bed and made sure to tuck her in nicely." Cuddle with me?" She asked and I didn't hesitate for a second. I took my shoes off and then got into the bed with her.

I pulled her in close and held her, I held her tight. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and she smiled." Did you like my singing?" She asked." I loved every moment of it Amala. You do have a beautiful voice." She looked up at me and I looked down at her." Your eyes are extremely beautiful Luther. You are beautiful." she said and just like that, I planted my lips on hers.

This may be cliche, but I swear to God I felt sparks. My body was filled with goosebumps and my heart was racing. We slowly started kissing passionately. I pulled her in closer, she held me tighter and we kissed like there was no tomorrow. She was my happiness.

Amala's P.O.V

He was my first kiss and it was exactly how I pictured it would be. It was pure bliss. If the world ended today, I would genuinely be okay with it. I lived one of my fantasies.