The Aftermath

Magsimula sa umpisa

He dialed Johnny's number and waited for him to answer the phone.

"Yes."

"Hello Johnny...it's Doyoung."

"Is there anything you want?"

So Johnny didn't know that Jungwoo died...had he known he wouldn't be so...calm. At least that's what Doyoung thought. "I...I have some shocking news to tell you."

"Ok..?"

"Look. I don't know how you're going to take it but..." Doyoung took a deep breath. "Jungwoo...omg I can't believe I'm saying this...Johnny Jungwoo is dead."

"WHAT?!" Johnny asked surprised.

"I know..." Doyoung continued. "I'm still trying to process it..."

"Man I can't believe this..."

"Yeah...I know..." Doyoung gulped harshly. "I called you to let you know that all of us are going to arrange his funeral...he had no other close family left and it's the least we can do for him."

"Sure...count me in..."

"I'm glad you're going to help us Johnny. It really means a lot...Jungwoo would appreciate it too."

"Yeah, look Doyoung I have to go so if you don't mind..."

"Oh yeah sure. That's all I wanted to say after all."

"Bye."

And the phone call ended.

--

"NO!"

Taeil screamed and threw a punch at the wall in front of him. This wasn't happening...this wasn't real...

It couldn't be...it just couldn't. A part of him refused to believe this, but the other part knew that it was real.

Jungwoo was in fact dead.

He was the one Taeil was the closest to, he really thought of him as a good friend.

Even though all of them played the game...even though one of them was Simon...Jungwoo trusted Taeil and opened up to him.

He thought of him as his friend from the very beginning, without even knowing him.

~

"Excuse me sir!"

Someone shouted and Taeil turned around to see who called out his name.

'F*ck' He thought. 'I'm going to be late for work again...'

But nonetheless, Taeil turned around and saw a man smiling at him. He knew this man, it was the one holding the bouquet of blue roses the other day. How could he smile when both of them were playing this game? That seemed strange to Taeil. Why would he talk to him when he could be Simon?

"Hey..." Taeil said.

"Hello, I'm sorry for interrupting you but..." Jungwoo paused and played nervously with his fingers, smiling shyly. "Aren't you one of the men I saw yesterday?"

"What time is it?" Taeil asked. He really wanted to talk to him but couldn't afford being late...again.

"It's 7.50."

"Ok...I have some time then..."Taeil said and introduced himself. "Yes...you're right...I'm Taeil, Moon Taeil." He announced, answering Jungwoo's past question, while stretching his hand to initiate a handshake.

Jungwoo smiled. "I'm Kim Jungwoo. Nice to meet you Taeil." He said while shaking Taeil's hand.

"Likewise." Taeil admitted. "I'm sorry Jungwoo but I have to go to work so..."