0.7

TUESDAY

gyeom
12:37AM
imy

gyeom
1:00AM
bb

gyeom
1:24AM
😔

gyeom
1:30AM
pain.

gyeom
1:43AM
ik ur up, i see ur active bitch
seen

gyeom
1:45AM
really?
seen

gyeom
1:50AM
ok then
seen

WEDNESDAY

kanpo
5:37AM
i cant rlly talk but just know my ex
is in town and he saw ur messages

kanpo
5:38AM
he was rlly pissed and he's kinda abusive,
but just know i wasn't ignoring u

kanpo
5:38AM
i'm rlly scared tbh, and i don't
have any close family i can stay with

kanpo
5:39AM
im gonna swing by jype around in like 10 mins,
pls be there i'm trying to get away
from him as fast as possible

GYEOM POV
i am so stuck. what the hell am i gonna do?? i just woke up like ten minutes ago. shit managers gonna kill me.

without a second thought, i pulled on some casual clothes, black jeans, a blue hoodie, and a black hat. i left my apartment within the next ten minutes.

i got an uber and eventually arrived at jype, at the entrance was kanpo's pretty figure. she was dressed in jeans, a hoodie and a hat as well.

awh we're matching.

i thanked the uber and ran up to kanpo.

she spotted me immediately and i saw her mouth curl into a smile.

"god i'm so sorry for this, i'll make it up to you but for now i can't go home. i don't know what to do about my ex. i'm so confused gyeom." she babbled on about the situation and soon she was practically sobbing. i hated seeing her like this. i pulled her close to me and let her sob into my chest. after a moment she pulled away and wiped her tears.

"i live with a producer friend of mine. if you want, you can stay with us. how will you know when your ex will be gone?" i said helping her wipe her tears.

"it's like a cycle. like every three months he barges in and stays there for three days. i usually endure it but last time he—" she cut herself off as her voice cracked.

"you don't have to talk about it kanpo," i rubbed her back.

"he hit me, bruised my eye and almost broke my nose." the tears began streaming down her face again.

internally i could feel my heart breaking, how could someone hurt a person like her? or in general, how could anyone hurt a harmless human being?

i wiped her tears again and took her hand.

"cmon love, we'll get some coffee to help freshen you up." i said as we began walking down the street.

i swear to god if dispatch shows up i'm gonna scream.

we made it to a nearby cafe without getting bombarded.

"do you want anything specific?" i asked her as she sat down at a small booth.

she shrugged, "iced coffee." she looked down at her legs.

i frowned and nodded.

i ordered the drinks and went to sit back down.

i sat across from her, "do you plan on going back to get clothes?"

she looked up at me, "i don't think i can. i left after he fell asleep on the couch."

"so how does he just barge in?" i asked. i hope i'm not pressuring her too much.

"he has the key. i change locks every time he comes over and somehow he gets the new key every time." she frowned and rested her head on the table.

i nodded and stayed quiet.

we looked at each other in silence a bit.

"i'm sorry kanpo." i reached out and gently squeezed her hand.

she smiled softly, "nah i'm sorry gyeom. i just keep barging into your business. when do you have practice?"

i chuckled softly at her contradictory statement, "at 7  in the morning. i don't mind you barging in. you're like my adorable cockroach that won't go away."

she sat up, "did u just compare me to a cockroach?"

my eyes widened in embarrassment, "oh god sorry, i didn't mean it like that. you're just adorable and small and i don't mind having you around, you know?"

she giggled and reached across the table to pinch my cheek, "you're so cute gyeom."

i felt myself get red. i mumbled, "i can't believe i just compared the girl of my dreams to a cockroach."

now her eyes widened, "i'm the girl of your dreams?"

oh my god how'd she hear that?

i stuttered, "well—um... uh— yes?"

she smiled that beautiful, charming smile of hers.

"how sweet." she tilted her head as she held my gaze.

she was beautiful, every imperfect thing about her seemed perfect to me. from the tips of her eyelashes to her rosy cheeks, to her perfectly imperfect pink mouth. seeing her in her most vulnerable state just made me feel more special.

"i'll go check if our order is ready." i said getting out of the booth and going to the counter to get our drinks.

i sighed, replaying her face in my mind over and over.

how could someone so broken be so beautiful?