He's Your Doctor (This Is It era)

I was on my way to see my doctor for a physical.

His name was Dr. Jackson, and he's known me since I was a little girl.

Now, I was at the hospital waiting for him to come out of his office.

About an hour later he opened the door to let a mother and her little girl out.

"You were such a brave girl, I'm so proud".

The child hugged Dr. Jackson and he smiled with a soft chuckle, hugging her back.

"Next"?

He called out and I stood up and walked towards him.

"Hey there sweetie, I haven't seen you in a long time since you were a child".

Dr. Jackson pulls me into a hug and then he let go.

I followed him to his examination room and when we got there, he told me to lie down on the examining table.

I obediently did what I was told and stepped on the metal foot rest, lying down on my back.

"Good girl. Now, we'll start with your eyes". 

He took out a little tool that looked like a flashlight and he carefully shined it around my eyeballs.

"Look to your left for me".

I looked to the left side.

"And to the right...",

I moved my eyes towards my right.

"Wonderful, your eyes are doing great".

I took a second to let my eyes rest from looking in random directions.

"Now, I'm gonna look inside your ears, okay sweetie"?

Dr. Jackson took out another tool that was made to look inside people's ears.

He gently moved a few strands of my hair out of the way.

I felt the object being used in my left ear, and then he walked over to the opposite side of me to look into my other ear.

"Your ears are as healthy as can be".

He beamed at me, walking back around to the other side to grab another tool.

I watched as he held up a stethoscope and wrapped it around his neck and put the two ends to his ears.

He took ahold of the end part that was round and flat, pressing it gently on my chest to listen to my heartbeat.

"Breathe in...".

He told me.

I inhaled air through my lungs.

"And breathe out".

I exhaled out the air through my nostrils.

"That's very good. You're doing great".

The doctor said, as he put away the stethoscope back into his medical bag.

"Not eating too many sweets, are we"?

He asked me, gently examining my abdomen by looking at the stretch marks.

"No sir. I don't eat too many sweets at all hardly".

I answered politely.