"So there is a girl!" Mia's hazel eyes gleam brightly, dancing with excitement. "You have to tell me everything, Noah! How did you meet her? When did you meet her? What's she like? What does she look like? How long have you been together? When did you—"

"Easy there, tiger," Thorne interrupts, resting a hand on Mia's shoulder. "Remember to breathe a little, okay?"

"Sorry," Mia says sheepishly, "I'm just so excited! I mean, someone likes Noah!"

"Well, gee," I mutter, "thanks for boosting my confidence. I appreciate it."

Mia merely rolls her eyes. "You know what I meant, Noah."

Before any of us are able to say another word, the sound of tires crunching gravel fills the silence. I notice a familiar silver car has pulled into the parking lot, and my heart begins to race. I don't even need to see Blake to react to her presence. It's as if my heart can sense her when she's close by.

Only seconds later, Blake is walking my way. I drink in her appearance, from her blond waves to her flannel and tank-top combo, gaze lingering on her denim-shorts clad legs.

A bright smile illuminates her features as her brown eyes meet mine, entering the garage as she says, "Hey, Noah, I was—"

Blake stops short, noticing I'm not alone. She faces Thorne and Mia, who both stare at Blake as if unable to believe she's real.

Blake grins as she takes a few strides over to my side, wrapping her arms around me. Having her in my arms is like holding my entire world in my hands, and I find myself never wanting to let her go.

"Hi!" Blake greets Throne and Mia, who continue to stare at her like she's sprouted two heads. "I'm Blake, Noah's girlfriend."

"Oh my God," Mia says under her breath. "You're real?"

Thorne blinks, glancing over at me. "Wait. You weren't lying about having a girlfriend?"

Blake laughs, the melodic sound echoing around the garage. "Kind of hard to believe, huh?" Glancing up at me, she adds, "I mean, who would imagine that someone could fall for Mr. Heart of Stone over here?"

"Hey," I retort, "I'm right here, you know."

"I know." Blake kisses my cheek, the gesture meant to tell me she was only kidding.

"Blake, these are my friends, Thorne and Mia. Thorne and Mia, this is my girlfriend, Blake."

Blake blanches, looking all too serious as she faces me and asks, "You have friends?"

"What is this?" I question under my breath. "The official Offend Noah Day, or something?"

Blake gapes. "You have feelings?"

I response, I roll my eyes.

Mia offers Blake a genuine smile as she says, "Noah and I met a while back ago. It's nice to meet you."

"And I'm her boyfriend," Thorne speaks up, his signature smirk painted across his lips as he wraps an arm around Mia's shoulders. "Also a friend of Noah's. At least, I used to know him. Back when he was a little crazy. He's a bit of a stranger now, though. In a good way."

I roll my eyes at Thorne's teasing, noticing the way his smirk quickly dissipates as Mia elbows him in the stomach.

"What my moron of a boyfriend is trying to say"—Mia pauses to shoot Thorne a glare—"is that Noah has clearly changed a lot. For the better. And probably because of you. So, thanks."

Thorne extends a hand to Blake, grinning as they shake. "It's nice to meet you, Blake."

"Thorne?" Blake asks. "Is that a nickname, or something?"