Billboard Awards

What literally feels like seconds later, though it's actually been forty-five minutes, Nick, Laine, Priyanka and I all climb into the backseat of the limo as the driver heads off to Kevin's house. As soon as we pull up in front of their house, Kevin and Danielle dive into the car and we head off to get Joe and Sophie.

"Joe better be ready," Nick mutters, checking his watch to see the time.

"Especially after he freaked out when we were late to the studio earlier," Laine says, and Nick nods.

"Well, we can't be late to these awards. We're the second performance!" Kevin says.

"You guys will be fine. I'm sure Joe will be ready, and if he's not, Sophie will probably be more than happy to drag him out of the house," I say, and Nick laughs.

"True."

It turns out that Joe has been able to get ready on time without help from his wife, because both of them are waiting for us as we pull up outside and clamber into the limo quickly, barely even allowing the driver to stop.

"We're going to be late!" Joe snaps, clearly agitated.

Sophie rolls her eyes behind his back and Laine and I make eye contact, both turning away from each other hastily so we don't laugh and piss Joe off even more.

"We'll be fine," Sophie says reassuringly, and Joe just huffs and stares at the ceiling.

It's an interesting ride to the Garden, considering my cousins are freaking out about missing their performance and the rest of us are just sitting here. However, when we finally pull up in front of the venue, it's only 6:45. We made it with fifteen minutes to spare.

"Will you chill out now?" Sophie asks Joe, a smile on her lips as he jokingly rolls his eyes at her.

"Sorryyyyy," he says, climbing out of the car as the rest of us follow.

As soon as we enter Grand Garden, we are shown to our seats and my cousins are told to go backstage to get ready. They'll stay back there through the first performance and award readings, perform, and then come out to the seats and watch the rest of the show together with us.

"Good luck guys. You'll be great!" I tell them.

"Of course we will," Joe says, his classic personality finally back to him now that he's not worried about being late.

"How was I so lucky to find such a modest man?" Sophie says sarcastically, and we all laugh.

"Thanks, Harper. See you guys soon," Nick says, giving Priyanka a quick kiss as they head off.

Priyanka sits on the aisle, Sophie next to her, then Danielle. I sit next to Dani, Laine on my right. We get settled just in time for the lights to dim and Kelly Clarkson, the host, to perform first before addressing the crowd and reading off a few winners. Then, the lights dim again as Nick steps onto the platform in the middle of the crowd, cheers erupting as he walks to the microphone in the center.

"I turn my chin music up, and I'm puffin' my chest. I'm gettin' red in the face, you can call me obsessed. It's not your fault that they hover, I mean no disrespect. It's my right to be hellish, I still get jealous!" he sings, arms spread wide out on either side of him as he kills the falsetto as always. Then, Joe hops up on the platform next to him, causing more yells from the immense crowd.

"You're too sexy, beautiful! And everybody wants a taste, that's why. I still get jealous! You're too sexy, beautiful! And everybody wants a taste, that's why. I still get jealous!" they sing together, and then Nick begins to play Cake by the Ocean on his electric guitar. The crowd goes wild at this, and both of my cousins are clearly feeling their chaotic performer energy as Joe starts to sing.

"Oh no! See you walking 'round like it's a funeral! Not so serious, girl why those feet cold? We're just getting started, don't you tiptoe, tiptoe, ah! Waste time with a masterpiece, don't waste time with a masterpiece. You should be rollin' with me, you should be rollin' with me, ah. You're a real life fantasy, you're a real life fantasy," Joe belts as they both walk from the platform to the real stage, stopping next to our seats to kiss their wives first before continuing.

"But you're moving so carefully, let's start living dangerously. Talk to me baby! I'm going blind from this sweet sweet craving, whoa-oh! Let's lose our minds and go crazy crazy! Ah ya ya ya ya ya, I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean! Walk for me baby! I'll be Diddy, you be Naomi, whoa-oh. Let's lose our minds and go crazy crazy! Ah ya ya ya ya ya, I keep on hoping we'll eat cake by the ocean oh!" he finishes off the song as fire shoots around them on the stage. Kevin strums his guitar like his life depends on it as Nick and Joe walk over to him, all jamming together as Sucker starts.

"We go together. Better than birds of a feather you and me. We'll change the weather. I'm feelin' heat in December when you're round me!" starts Nick.

"I've been dancing on top of cars and stumbling out of bars, I follow you through the dark, can't get enough. You're the medicine in the pain, the tattoo inside my brain, and baby you know it's obvious," Joe continues.

"I'm a sucker for you. Say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly. I'm a sucker for you. Any road you take, you know that you'll find me!" Nick says.

"I'm a sucker for all the subliminal things no one knows about you. About you. And you're making the typical me break my typical rules, it's true. I'm a sucker for you. Don't complicate it. Cause I know you and you know everything about me. I can't remember all of the nights I don't remember when you're round me. I've been dancing on top of cars and stumbling out of bars, I follow you through the dark can't get enough. You're the medicine in the pain, the tattoo inside my brain, and baby you know it's obvious. I'm a sucker for you. Say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly. I'm a sucker for you. Any road you take, you know that you'll find me. I'm a sucker for all the subliminal things no one knows about you. About you. And you're making the typical me break my typical rules, it's true. I'm a sucker for you," they almost finish off the song.

"Billboard Music Awards!" Nick yells out to the crowd, generating more cheering as the instrumental parts of the song continue.

"I've been dancing on top of cars and stumbling out of bars, I follow you through the dark can't get enough. You're the medicine in the pain, the tattoo inside my brain, and baby you know it's obvious. I'm a sucker for you. Say the word and I'll go anywhere blindly. I'm a sucker for you. Any road you take you know that you'll find me. I'm a sucker for all the subliminal things no one knows about you. About you. And you're making the typical me break my typical rules, it's true. I'm a sucker for you. I'm a sucker for you," they end, posing together with Joe in the middle, arms around both brothers.

The entire Garden goes wild for them as they grin out at the audience, Kelly Clarkson finally coming to take over the stage again. After a few minutes, the three of them slide back into their seats next to us, unable to stop grinning.

"Now that was a performance," Laine whispers to Kevin, who is nearest to us, and he grins.

"The fire was a little extra, but go big or go home for an awards show, right?" Kevin whispers back.

The rest of the night is a giant party, and it's particularly fun when BTS performs because my three cousins fangirl super hard over them. I've never seen this side of them, and it's hilarious.

"Can you believe BTS is breathing the same air as us right now?" I hear Joe say to Sophie excitedly. She just laughs.

"No, but honestly. BTS just saw us perform!" Nick says, and Joe nods enthusiastically.

"I wish we could try and get a picture with them," Kevin says.

"You guys, get a grip," Danielle laughs, and we all continue watching the show.

The entire night is one of the best I've had with everyone in awhile. Singing, dancing, laughing, acting like goofballs; there's nothing I would rather be doing more right now. Even when we're on our way back home in the limo, we're blaring music and keeping the energy up as if we're still inside the venue partying. Moments like these, this is how happiness continues.