Date

In the morning, I wake up pretty early, early for me anyway, because I'm too excited to sleep. When I check my phone, I discover that Laine is also awake and has texted me already, which makes me even more excited.

 When I check my phone, I discover that Laine is also awake and has texted me already, which makes me even more excited

I head downstairs to the kitchen, getting some coffee ready for Nick and Priyanka since they're still asleep. Then I make two large platefuls of eggs benedict, their favorite weekend breakfast meal, as I simultaneously make myself some waffles. I finish cooking around the same time as the coffee is done, so I pour the coffee and carry that and the food up to their room.

"Guys?" I call, knocking on the door.

"Harper? Come in," Nick says, and I push the door with my foot since my hands are full.

"What the-" Nick says, sitting up straight as he sees all the food in my hands.

"Did you make that for us?" Priyanka asks, also sitting up all the way.

"Yeah. Figured you guys should have some breakfast in bed after your first night in your real home as a married couple," I tell them.

"Aww, you didn't have to do that," Nick says.

"Thank you, though. It's very sweet of you, and it looks very good," Pri says, and I leave them to eat as I head back downstairs to eat my own food.

While I eat I look at my phone, getting wrapped up in Pinterest for way longer than I probably should and only glancing up when Pri and Nick come down to wash off their dishes.

"That was amazing, Harp," Nick says, and Priyanka nods.

"You guys took me to India. It's the least I could do," I say, cleaning off my own plate.

"So, have you and Laine figured out what you're going to do today?" Nick asks.

"Yeah. Apparently he's got something planned, but it's a surprise," I tell him.

"Sounds like fun. Pri and I are going to go on our own date night tonight, but know that we're just a phone call away if you need us, okay?" he says.

"Okay. Laine's coming to pick me up at 4:00," I tell him, and Nick nods.

I walk upstairs to get ready, though it's only 10:15. I have a certain image of what I want to look like in my mind, and I've got time to kill anyway, so why not put all my energy into making myself look my best tonight?

I take a twenty minute shower, fully shave, exfoliate, everything. I even use my best products, the ones I only save for special occasions, and when I'm done I comb and dry my hair immediately so it isn't too frizzy to style later. Then I wash my face, checking it out in the mirror. Surprisingly, no pimples to be found today, but I'm not complaining. I decide on a short sleeve black bodysuit paired with ripped jeans as my outfit of choice, my favorite Adidas sneakers with it of course.