Home

After a few days running around and exploring Mumbai, and then almost another day on an airplane, we are finally touching down back home. And though I loved being in India, I've never wanted to see my hometown more than I do right now.

"Finally," Nick groans, pulling his eye mask off his face and stretching.

I pull out my phone immediately, realizing I'll actually have enough service to text Laine now.

"Oh man, we've only been on the ground for thirty seconds and she's already texting Laine," Nick jokes to Priyanka, and she grins

"Not everyone has the pleasure of traveling with their favorite guy," she says, and Joe makes retching noises as he walks past us out of the plane.

"Shut up, Joe," Nick calls to him as we follow him into the airport, and he just smirks.

I roll my eyes playfully at all three of them as we take the shuttle back to our cars. It feels weird as we all separate, especially me from Joe and Sophie; after being together on the trip for a week it feels like we should all be going back to the same house. But we'll see each other in less than a week anyway for the start of the Happiness Begins tour, so I guess it's all right.

"Well, see you guys Saturday," Kevin says, and we nod as everyone hugs him and they drive off.

The rest of us all hug each other, then Pri, Nick and I get in Nick's car and head home. Of course we talk about Mumbai, since I haven't really had a chance to talk to them alone given they were staying at the palace.

"Your weddings were beautiful. Like, for real," I tell them.

"Thank you. I hope having both cultures incorporated was fun for everyone," Priyanka says, and I nod reassuringly.

"Everyone seemed to love them both. Plus it was fun to see some of the similarities and differences between the two," I say. 

"Well, I know I had fun," Nick says with a laugh.

"How was it at the palace?" I ask.

"A little weird, since I've never stayed in a palace on a trip before. But it was nice," he says, and Priyanka agrees.

"The only thing was that we felt very separate from you guys at the hotel," Priyanka says.

"Yeah, but when we were at the pool and stuff you guys could come over. So that's good," I say, and they agree as we pull into the driveway.

I throw my luggage in my room, not bothering to unpack quite yet as I go to the kitchen in search of food. And to text Laine back about hanging out tomorrow, before I have to get everything together for the tour.

"Hanging out with the Hardy boy tomorrow?" Nick asks, looking over my shoulder

"Yeah. It should be interesting," I say.

"What are you gonna be doing?" he asks, and I shrug.

"I don't know. Knowing us, we'll probably just drive around until we figure that out," I joke, and Nick laughs and nods.

"Probably," he says.

We head over to the couch where Priyanka is already sitting, scrolling on the tv to find a movie for us to watch. We finally settle on Harry Potter, and within the first half hour both Nick and Pri are passed out. I finish the rest of the movie, not really concentrating on it too much. All I can think about is tomorrow with Laine. Laine, Laine, Laine.

In case you couldn't tell, I can't wait to spend time with him again.