MaXair

"Now what, tour guide?" asks Joe, letting me lead the way.

"You guys feeling a spinny ride?" I ask, and immediately they all nod. Poor Nick, he probably thinks it will be more chill. He couldn't be more wrong.

"MaXair, then," I say, setting off in the direction. It's about two feet from GateKeeper, so that's convenient.

When Nick sees the ride, his jaw drops to the floor, while Joe continues to share my excitement. However, even Kevin looks a little apprehensive on this one.

"Harper, I don't know if I can do that," says Nick.

"Of course you can. Come on, it's not as bad as it looks," I plead with him, and he gives in.

"If I die, I'm blaming it on you," he says jokingly.

"And if I die, I'm blaming it on Joe," says Kevin, smirking.

"Oh man, this is gonna be great. I've never seen anything like this," says Joe as we rush into line.

"This was and always will be one of my favorite non-rollercoasters at this park. It's an awesome ride," I explain.

"Is this kind of like the Freak Out? You know, the carnival ride?" asks Nick, trying to get a feel for it.

"Yeah, basically. It just goes a little higher, faster, and the seats are on the outside instead of the inside," I say.

"Sounds scary," says Nick, but he doesn't have time to back out now. We're already boarding the ride.

When we get our numbers, it's Kevin on one side, then Nick, then me, and then Joe on the other side. Joe and I start a game of kicking each other's feet while we wait for the ride attendant to check all our harnesses because we have too much energy, while Nick bounces his leg up and down nervously. I can't see what Kevin's doing; he's too far away and the harnesses are too big. When the attendant gives the all clear, Nick grabs the harness tightly.

"I'm scared!" he yells, laughing nervously.

"You got this Nicholas!" I yell back as the floor is lowered and we begin to swing and spin back and forth. Joe just cackles happily as we take off.

As we swing higher and higher, I can hear Kevin screaming again and Nick grips the restraint. Joe and I kick our legs out in front of us and laugh together. We're both loving this way too much, and I can't tell if Kevin and Nick hate us for this ride or not at the moment. We reach the highest point of the ride, nearly upside down, and Joe laughs louder. I swear he's delirious on rides, and it's the best thing. Nick just grips the straps tighter, and I feel bad for an instant, but then I'm back to having fun.

Soon enough, we are back on the ground and the floor is brought back up. When the restraints are released, Joe pushes the hair out of his eyes and smiles giddily at me, getting to his feet.

"That. Was amazing."

"I know right!" I say.

"Definitely not my favorite," says Nick, making a big show of clutching his chest as we leave the ride area.

"You're still a drama queen. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be," says Kevin, a little glint in his eyes as well.

"See? That one's fun. Now back to roller coasters," I say, and, surprisingly, all three of them (including Nick) nod as we take off down the midway again.