The Void

(Ok just looking at the title am I the only one thinking of that Andy Black song? If you comment the entire song in little parts I will love you all forever. Also Darcy is a baby bean that needs more love.)

As Darcy drives the car Ian sits up in his seat next up me yawning loudly and Jane gasps looking at him. "Who's that?" Jane asked. "He's my intern." Darcy replied keeping her eyes on the road. "You have a intern?" Jane said completely surprised. "Oh yeah." Darcy smiled at herself. Ian leans forward offering his hand to Jane to shake. "Hello Doctor Foster, its a great honor to be working with you." He said. Jane completely ignored him which I thought was a little bit rude. "Right... I have to call Eric." Jane then gets her phone out of her purse and puts Dr. Selvieg on speed dial.

Ian looks at the device and gives the directions to Darcy. "Ooh, take a right." Darcy then sharply turns the car to the right and sharply to the left causing me to smush my face against the car window. "I have totally mastered driving in London." Darcy said and I rolled my eyes. Jane then reaches Dr. Selvieg's phone getting only a voice mail. "Hi Eric, its me again. Where are you? I came here because you said you were on to something and then you vanished. Call me when you get this." She said into the voice mail and hung up. About three minutes later we arrive at an abandoned factory and Darcy parks the car.

By the look on Jane's face she was a little nervous. "Come on this is exciting, look the intern is excited. Are you excited y/n?" Darcy asked. "I guess. As long as I don't see a venomous snake or a huge rat I guess this is exciting." I say as I get out of the car with the other three. "Do you want the phase meter?" Darcy asked as Jane heads to the factory. "No." Jane said instantly. I watch as Darcy throws Ian the keys. "Bring the phase meter. It's the toaster looking thing." Darcy said to him. Ian sighs and goes to the trunk. "I know what a phase meter is." He mumbled. I follow walk with Darcy as we follow Jane to the factory as Ian got the phase meter out of the car.

Darcy decided to get her phone out and call Jane who picks up her phone as it starts to ring. "How do I change the ringtone on this thing?" We hear Jane ask herself. I decided to answer for her. "An astrophysicist with three degrees should be able to change her own ringtone." I say as I catch up to her. "Darcy why are you calling me?" Jane asked. "I didn't want to shout. Intern says it's this way." She said leading us. "Ian. My name is Ian." Ian said as he carried the phase meter.

We enter the factory and just by looking around, the place looked like it hasn't been open in at least 20 years. Maybe even 30. I don't know who, but someone kicked a rock  and birds fly by with the sound of footsteps. Darcy then breaks the silence in the room. "I am not getting stabbed in the name of science." She then raises her hands and yells out to whomever was in here. Hopefully not a crazy, old homeless guy. "It's ok, were Americans." She says. "Is that supposed to make them like us?" Jane asked sounding unsure of what the other woman said. I look to my right seeing some movement I then get in front of everyone putting my shields out in defense.

That's when three kids come out a. "Oh hey they're kids." Jane says and we all relax a bit and I put away my shields. A girl that looks like she is probably 8 looks at us. "Are you the police?" She asked nervously. Jane shakes her head. "No were scientists. Well, I am." Jane says and Darcy gives her a hurtful look. "Thanks." She said sarcastically. I then walk up to them and kneel down to their height. "Can you keep a secret?" I ask and the three of them nod. "It might have already been obvious but I'm an Avenger." I say as I show them a little bit of my magic in my hand. "It was totally obvious with your shield things. You're Mage right?" The oldest of the three asks me. "In the flesh." I tell him smiling and the girl hugs me. "You are so awesome. You and Black Widow give me someone to look up to." She says and I smile hugging her back. "Thank you." I say.

She parts the hug and the kid that looks 13 I was guessing was her brother looks at us. "We just found it." He says. I look over to Jane thinking it was where that device was leading us. "Will you show us?" Jane asked and he nodded. The three of them lead us to an open space and we see a cement truck. The brother goes to it and lifts it up with his fingers and it slowly starts floating. We all stare at it in awe. "That doesn't seem right." Darcy said. "Bruce would go nuts over this. Tony too. No wonder Dr. Selvieg came to London." I comment as I watch the truck do a slow complete circle. "That's not all." The oldest says.

They then lead us to a stairwell and we spread out a little bit so we will all see what they would demonstrate. The girl picks up a bottle and drops it over the edge. We watch as the glass bottle disappears. "Where'd it go?" Jane asked and the girl points up. We all look up only to see the bottle come back down and disappear, and come back up again, before the girl catches it. "Now Bruce definitely needs to see this place." I say in awe. Not only Bruce needs to see it, but the ancient one too.

Jane picks up a Dr pepper can and does the same thing the girl did and drops it over the edge. The can disappears and when we looked up to see it come back.... It didn't. "What happened?" Jane asked the kids. "Sometimes they come back, sometimes they don't." The girl said. Darcy smiles like a kid on Christmas. "I wanna throw something! Y/n, give me your shoe." Darcy says and I shake my head. "Heck no. These boots cost me $35.00. I'm not losing them." I say. They also look good with my SHIELD uniform too if I say so myself.

Jane gets the device and looks at it. "I haven't seen readings like this since..... Since..." Darcy finishes Jane's sentence. "New Mexico?" She asked. Jane gives Darcy a look of disbelief and started running somewhere. "Don't touch anything!" She orders us. Darcy then looks to Ian and down at his feet. "Gimmie your shoe." She says and I let out a laugh. The more I look at this.... I don't know what it is, it reminds me of my portals and the mirror dimension. I guess I will call it the void. It only made me curious where the objects go.

I then pick up a baseball that was laying around and drew a smiley face on it with my sharpie that I always take with me. After the oldest boy caught his object after it went through the void, I toss the baseball and watch if it came back. As I look up I frown a little bit noticing that it didn't come back. Ian comes up and throws something that was jingly, only for it also not come back to the void and only for Darcy and I to realize one thing. "We're those the car keys?" Darcy asked what we were both thinking. Ian was hesitatant for a second before answering. "Yeah." He said.

After about 20 minutes look around to see that Jane was nowhere to be found. "Where's Jane?" I asked. Darcy was watching as 6 objects went down at the same time. "Probably upstairs finding more scientific things." She said. I nod and run upstairs calling out her name every once in a while. Once I got to the top floor it was completely empty. "Jane!" I call out for her a little louder. My voice echo's through the room. At this point I started to freak out. I run down the stairs and meet back up with Darcy who was in the same place as she was with Ian. "Darcy this is bad." I say as I stop in front of her. "Hey, what's up? Is Jane ok?" She asked. I shake my head. "I-I-I I don't know. I can't find her. She's not here. I can't find her anywhere." I say freaking out.

Darcy grabs my shoulders and rubs them. "Ok. We'll keep looking for her. We will look every square inch." She says trying to calm me down. I nod taking a deep breath. "Ok. Thor is going to be so mad at me if we don't find her." I say thinking of the worst case scenario. "No, no he won't. If we don't find her, I'll call the police." Darcy says. "We will find her." Ian reassures me and I nod. We all then head separate ways to find Jane. I hope nothing happened to her.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(Oh my gosh I am so sorry if the chapters seem short and its rushing through the movie. Next chapter we go to Asguard. Yes! Asguard. And you know who's in Asguard? Dadd- I mean, Loki!)