Chapter 2

Mao ate and drank with Yang Yi until he's stuffed and left with the rabbit meat and the coral fleece blanket that Yang Yi gave him.

Yang Yi was worried that Mao wouldn't be able to carry so many things. The rabbit meat and fur were heavier than wool.

Unexpectedly, the child who looked thin and small had great strength and he easily carried the things on his back.

However, when Mao was leaving, his pace was obviously slower, not as fast and agile as before he came.

As Yang Yi watched his disappearing back into the woods and climbed up on a simple ladder made of rope on the side of the big tree.

This was made by him before. He hasn't been able to climb trees flexibly for a long time because he grew up living in the city so he made a soft ladder with safety ropes. An intentionally long rope was tied to a bow and arrow that he shot over to the highest branch of a tree and tied the rope to its trunk to secure it.

With the rope ladder, it was now easy to climb this tall tree but it still takes a lot of effort just to climb up and he won't be coming down for a while when he's up.

This tree is around seven to eight floors tall. He would climb up here after he's done eating and drinking every day, and used his telescope to observe the situation of that nearby tribe.

That tribe's situation didn't look good. Yang Yi estimated that they had about a hundred people, many of them were old, weak and sick.

They looked a little bit oriental but their features were more distinct. They are even taller, especially those from their hunting team. Even women are estimated to be 1.8 meters tall and men are at least 1.9 meters tall or even 2 meters height.

However, not everyone was tall and many were relatively small.

This group of people will have two teams to search for food nearby each day. One team looks stronger, mostly consist of males and it should be the hunting team while the other team mostly consist of females and children and it should be the gathering team. Each team consist of 7 to 8 people.

Those who stayed in the camp didn't idle, they were picking up firewoods, packing up the camp and building stone tools. They were very busy.

Their weapons are still made from stones and they dare not leave the camp too far so the foraging conditions of the two teams aren't good enough to provide the whole tribe enough food.

Yang Yi could feel their frustration and weakness looking from his telescope, they're struggling to survive.

Before Mao arrived at their tribe's camp, the two foraging teams have already returned.

The hunting team was first to arrive and everyone was looking forward to their bounty.

As a result, they only saw some firewoods, some small animals and insects at the size of their palms. They only catched a few.

"It's okay, tomorrow would be better." Jiao comforted while holding a baby in her arms.

The baby opened his eyes slightly but didn't move. He wasn't obedient because he's smart enough, but because he was too hungry. He didn't even have the energy to cry.

His mother was in the gathering team, because of hunger his mom can't breastfeed him since her milk has long been gone.

Jiao is the oldest person in their group and she had three children to raise.