Ep.05 - Instagram Boyfriend

Everyone who joined the tour are already in the meeting place when Shiro arrived. She approached the organizer to sign the headcount. A mixed feeling of shyness and excitement engulfed her.

"Ok guys, everyone's already here. Sixteen people will be in this tour including me and the driver," announced the organizer. "Both the driver and I will act as the tour guide, so we will divide you in two groups; Group 1 will be with me while Group 2 will be with him."

A list of names were already prepared by them beforehand. Shiro was listed under Group 1.

"Please familiarize yourself with the faces of your group, they will be your companion this whole trip," said the organizer.

There were three girls, including her, and four boys in Shiro's group. The two girls and one of the boys are together; the three boys are together too. They were quite amused when they found out that Shiro joined the tour as a solo traveler.

After introduction, they got in the van and departed.

Shiro got a window seat. During the long ride, she amused herself by watching the scenery, and taking photos of interesting landmarks that got her attention along the way.

They made a stop after 3hrs of nonstop driving. Everyone bought foods and ate with their friends. Shiro was about to approach the girls in her group when someone called her. It was the guy that sits next to her in the van.

"Hey, Shiro right?" said the guy smiling.

"Yes, that's me," Shiro replied. "Im sorry I'm not good with names, you are?"

"I'm Taka. Would you like to eat with us?"

Shiro glaced at the girls' table.

"Oh, trust me, you don't wanna eat with those girls. You better hang out with the cool dudes. Come here."

Taka took Shiro to their table. Taka's friends welcomed her and reintroduced themselves. They were quite a welcoming bunch and engaged her in small talks. Shiro find their hospitability very gentlemanly.

"Do you always travel alone?"

"No, this is actually my first time," answered Shiro.

"Why did you come alone? Friends? Boyfriend?"

"I always want to try to travel alone. My friends are busy anyways, so I just went solo."

"Boyfriend?"

"None at the moment, I'm too busy traveling I don't have time for that."

"Well, all of us are single, you may choose who you would want to date."

They all laughed. Shiro blushed. She doesn't see herself as pretty so she have no idea if they are flirting or just cracking a joke.

"Why did you guys join this tour?" Shiro asked trying to change the topic.

"Well, Taka here just resigned, and we ought to go out together on his last week, so here we are."

They all chatted while eating. Sometimes they will talk about the funny moments they had together and would burst out laughing. Shiro doesn't mind if they talk about moments she doesn't know. Infact, she finds them fun to be with. She's glad she got to eat with them.

It was time to leave. They all got into the van and continued the long drive. As courtesy to those who are sleeping, everyone was quiet and are either listening to music or playing on their phones. Shiro was the only one looking out and enjoying the passing view.

"Shiro, wake up, we're here!"

It must have been more than a minute of waking her up. Shiro opened her eyes. She could feel the strain on her neck for being in that position for a long time. She's hugging someone's arm. She jolted and quickly released the arm. She sat up straight and looked at the guy beside her.

"Oh my God, I'm sorry, my head must be heavy," Shiro apologized.

"Haha! It's not heavy. But your snoring kept me from falling asleep," Taka teased.

Shiro blushed. She wiped her mouth with her hands hoping she did not drool on his shoulder.

"Hey guys get off, we're here!" announced the organizer.

There's a passenger ship docked at the pier. It was old and a bit rusty. Shiro's eye widened.

"So cool!"

Shiro fetched her phone and took a photo. Everything about the passenger ship screams cool. The weathered hull of the ferry makes it look like it has been through a lot, but the owners still managed to keep it well and functional. She thought about sending a photo to Seiji but rethink otherwise.

"Would you like me to take your photo?"

It was Taka holding a professional camera.

"Sure, thanks!" Shiro said as she hand him her phone.

He took a lot of her photos in different angles. Shiro thought he could be a perfect instagram boyfriend. He also took a photo using his camera.

"Thank you," Shiro said as she take her phone back. "Do you work with cameras?"

"No, this is just a hobby," Taka answered wiping the sweat on his forehead.

"You're so good at taking photos. You could be a perfect instagram boyfriend."

Shiro noticed Taka's red face.

"It's so hot right? Summer is really here now, I'm excited to swim," Shiro said.

"Y-yeah, it's so hot I'm sweating a lot."

"You look like you took everyone's photo. Would you like me to take your photo?"

"How about I take a photo of you together?" said someone from behind them. It was Taka's friend.

"Is that ok with you?" asked Taka. Shiro nodded.

They stood together side by side. Shiro noticed for the first time how tall Taka is. He put his arms around her shoulders. Though she feels like an arm-rest, she can't feel the weight of Taka's muscular arm. She knows how much Taka has been sweating but he still smells nice. Shiro remembered the moment when she woke up clinging to his arms. A sudden rush of blood made her face pinkish-red. Shiro smiled and made a V sign to the camera.

The organizer called to them, it's time to board the ship. Everyone got their stuffs. Shiro noticed that the two girls in her group brought a wheeled luggage and already changed their outfits. She forced herself not to laugh. The place they are going to is a rocky island; there will be no pavement and not a lot of sands. The tour details specifically mentioned that bringing wheeled luggage isn't advisable, the girls must have not read that. Shiro was glad Taka invited her to join them and felt a bit sorry to that one guy the girls are with.

"Please proceed to the passenger cabin on the upper deck. Seats are already reserved for everyone in this tour," said the organizer while handing us our ticket.

"This is going to be a fun 1-hr trip to the island, I'm so excited!" Shiro said as she pull her new-found travel buddies towards the stern.

"Let's go!"