Memory 16

The teacher for the next subject was not there yet when San arrived.

Everyone was busy with their own business, they didn't bother minding San walking past their chairs. Well, everyone but Zen whose bag suddenly flew towards San as soon as San entered the classroom.

Zen's bag was feather-light, but still, San grimaced.

Really? I just arrived. How can this guy make me a goal for his bag? San thought.

"Why are you late?" Zen annoyingly asked, smacking San on the head.

"I woke up late. Where's Gii?" San answered, not minding his sore head.

"Oh, I thought you ran out of our deal. She's with the others at the canteen. Miss Kye won't be going to teach us today."

"Oh. Why aren't you with them then?" San brought out his lunch bag, then smiled, but Zen was furious.

"I waited for you idiot!" Zen smacked San on the back of his head as if reminding San that he really was an idiot.

"Aw!" San grimaced, "What was that for? I never asked you to wait for me! And how'd you know that I'll be here? I didn't attend the first class." San cried, with one corner of his lips twisted out of annoyance.

"My instinct told me that a crazy guy will be here today. So, I waited. And here he is." Zen proudly announced. He stood up, put his hands in his pockets, and towered over San. He glared at San with the do-you-have-any-problem stare, but San didn't mind him so Zen just sighed and started walking towards the cafeteria. "Next you'll come late, tell me. I don't like waiting."

San didn't understand what Zen was saying, but he still followed the leaving Zen outside, and together, they headed towards the canteen.

The five were already munching their lunches when San and Zen got there. Along with them were the other students who gave San a killing stare. Answering those gazes, Zen responded with a deathly glance towards every group in the canteen as if saying, One more second of eyeing him and I will pierce your eyeballs, to which everyone understood right away.

Ten was also there with his other Music club members who, with everyone in sync, withdrew their eyes from San's back as soon as Zen turned, fork in his right hand drawn like a sword.

He wondered why they abruptly turned agitated and he saw the reason why.

Ten stood and trod towards Zen's gang.

"Hey Four, P'Neek asked me to tell you that we'll be having a practice after class." He said as an excuse for his presence. "Hey San, you're here too?" Ten laid his right hand on San's left shoulder, brushing Zen's right cheek hard, but Zen just sighed.

"C'mon Ten,  you're not a good liar. I know that you just wanna play with San, and sorry, I already have plans after class." Four announced.

San just smiled, "Hi Ten", but Zen reacted wildly.

"Hi Ten?  How flirty can you be huh, San?" the annoyed Zen stated while his face was facing the other direction, to which everyone just smiled at.

It was Ten who talked next, "What's your plan? I don't wanna go too, that's why."

"We'll go to Four's place after class. Wanna come?" Gii dreamily asked, gripping her chopsticks firmly.

"Uhm. Would you go too?" He looked at San, brushing San's bangs out of his eyes.

San snatched a glance at Zen, but Zen wasn't looking. "Hmm!" San nodded as confirmation finally.