Volume 2: Memory 20

Jey's POV

The supposed to be short rest in Four's house ended up to a very long night. So we had this game which annoyed Zen and he walked out literally when we were just joking. San followed him of course, but we didn't know that the two went out! We only found out when Gii exclaimed while on the phone with Zen.

She was shouting at Zen that he left San alone as San would probably have an hour or two-hour walk back home. The next thing we knew is that Zen is already at the hospital where he brought San.

"What happened?" Gii was crying at Zen who was soaked both in rainwater and blood, probably San's.

Fai, Four, Theo, and I were a step away from them as Gii continuously asked Zen about what happened to their night. Zen's face though was blank as if the events that happened haven't finally sunk into him.

"Zen" it was Ten who asked him again, "Zen!" all of us were surprised when Ten slapped Zen in the face, but Zen didn't seem to mind it. In fact, he looked thankful that Ten slapped him hard. It brought him back to reality.

Zen looked at his hands again which are both full of San's blood. His brother, Ten, came to the rescue. Ten immediately plucked a white hankie from his pocket and wiped it on Zen's hands then hugged the already crying Zen.

"I-" Zen started, "I didn't know!" he was already crying like a baby. "My men, I told them to give San a lesson so San will lose from our bet." He cried again, "I didn't know that they would go this far! I didn't know!" Zen quickly loosened from his brother's hug and looked at Ten face-to-face, "you believe me, right Ten? You believe me, right?" He looked terrible while saying those words.

"of course, of course Zen I believe you" Ten then consoled him.

Gii was still panicking, while Ten tried to calm Zen.

"You should go change your clothes." Gii told Zen.

"No!" Zen stood up, shouting, "I'll wait till San went out of the emergency room. I want to make sure that he's-"

"Zen!" Gii shouted back, with anger. "YOU.NEED.TO.GO.AWAY.FROM.HIM!" with emphasis from every word she said.

"No!" Zen wanted to argue back, but Fai tugged Zen's bloody shirt.

"Zen" Fai was in tears as well, "you should rest first."

"You", Zen swopped each one of us a glance, but we couldn't stare back at him, he pointed at us all "You all think that I did this intentionally, do you?" Zen slumped back on his chair. "You think that I hated San so much that I have harmed him, but I don't! I-" Zen was gasping, "I don't hate him. I- I-" he's trying to say something but didn't finish it.

He walked past us, dragging himself towards the exit where Ten was following him, keeping a safe distance.

After five minutes of silence, Theo talked. "Gii, you should go home with Fai." to which Gii declined right away but Theo has a point, "Your parents might both be worried, you should go home and come back tomorrow morning. Jey, Four, and I will wait for the doctor here until they give us news. We'll go home tomorrow when you come back here. We'll take turns."

"Alright" Gii looked surrendered.

"I should go home first as well" Four added, "I need to be home because we abruptly left. I'll be back tomorrow."

"Alright, so Jey and I will wait for news here. You up Jey?" Theo asked me.

"No problem!" I immediately obliged.

----

Hours passed and no news came.

"I should go get coffee." Theo offered to which I just nodded.

We went to the Hospital's cafeteria where few people were. Some were sleeping while some were busy with papers scattered on each of their tables.

Theo was sitting in front of me, doing some stuff on his phone. A short while passed without even a word between us, both wanting to hit each of our beds.

"What do you think of San?" Theo asked out of nowhere.

"What do you mean?" I replied, "hmmm, I hope he gets through it."

"No, No." Theo chuckled, "I mean, do you find him cute?"

I almost coughed my coffee out, "That's so random!" I tapped him on the shoulder. He just laughed back at me.

"You're bisexual right? You always make fun of Four!" Theo asked.

"No, No. Hahahaha!" I laughed, "All of that was just a joke! We're both friends, Four and I."

"Oh" Theo sound defeated, "so, you don't find Four cute?"

What's up with this guy? I thought. With all those muscles yet he's very curious about my sexuality. "I don't know." I replied, "If I am really into guys, I think I'd hit Four." I smiled at Theo.

"Really?!" Theo sounded surprised, then sipped a coffee once more, "If you are into guys, would you find me cute?"

I was in the middle of sipping my coffee when Theo asked me that, then I stopped and looked at him. He was clicking through his phone then looked straight at me which made me shy on his very straightforward question.

 He was clicking through his phone then looked straight at me which made me shy on his very straightforward question

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

"I-" I started, not meeting his eyes, "I'm not into guys, but still, I can saaaaay that..." I sipped my coffee, "...you're cute, yeah. You're cute Theo." Then I ended it with a smile.

Theo looked at me, with eyes smiling. "Really?!"

"Good morning guys" It was Four who greeted us. It's already seven in the morning and the sun is finally up. We didn't know that it's already morning.

"Hey! How's my wife?" I immediately joked at Four and kissed his cheek.

"Yuck! Four wiped off his cheek. You should go home now. You smell already!" Four said.

"Yeah, Yeah. We should go home." Theo stood then walked away without waiting for me. Actually, he ran past Gii and Fai who were both walking towards us.

"What's wrong with Theo?" Gii asked Four and me.

"Tired?" Four replied in my stead.