Memory 9

San went home by 1am. He felt tired that at the very moment his back touched his bed, he immediately dozed off.

San was late on his second day in his new University, but luckily the professor wasn't there yet.

"Hey San. You're late huh?" Gii greeted him.

"Yeah. Got up late. I even ran already, but, ugh, I'm tired."

"You should stop that practice now. You're just exhausting yourself."

"No. I should try." San turned to Zen who was reading a book again. "Good morning Zen. You should stop bothering acting like a genius now, I won't fall for it again." Then he gently put his bag on his chair and he realized the game that they were having. He should start bugging Zen "hey there handsome!"

"Fck off. What's gotten into you?"

"Still mad about yesterday, aren't you?"

"Don't talk to me."

"Hmmmnh. Can I ask you something? I really don't know anyone who can answer this."

"Why ask me then? I'm not a genius, you said it yourself." Abruptly, Zen stood and strode away towards the door and left.

"San, if you want to tame a beast, you should start giving it food, not bug him." Gii advised.

"Yeah! You're right!" San exclaimed, "but, aww, never mind, I only have veggies in store"

"San, let me remind you that we have cafeteria here, okay?"

"Gii, let me also remind you that I only bring my bus fare when I come here, okay?"

"Yeah yeah. I forgot that you're such an overly frugal man."

"I'll be taking that as a compliment, so thank you."

"Why are you doing this anyway?"

"I told you already, we have a game on play."

"Huh?"

"I should make him smile first before he made me cry. By then, I could take my enrolment form already."

"Oh. I feel sorry for your enrolment form."

"Come on Gii! You should motivate me, not discourage me! Where's he going by the way?"

"Dunno."

"And our professor?"

"What about him?"

"Why is that he's not here yet?"

"Oh. About that. Freshmen should be in the central hall by 8am, so he wouldn't be seeing us today."

"What for?"

"The orientation, duh. Go and get Zen's bag, he should be there by now. It's already quarter to eight. My dad would scold me if he won't see me there."

San kept pestering Zen as soon as he settled to his seat beside Gii which annoyed Zen.

"What do you want? Let me be!"

"Oooooy. Baby Zen's angry! Hahaha. Smile, please. And I won't bother you anymore."

"As if!" Then Zen threw his book on San's lap.

San just smirked, surprised why without saying, he instantly became Zen's personal assistant.

"Four, Jey, Theo and Fai are on the upper benches. Let's meet at the entrance after dad's talk." Gii said while looking at her phone.

"Why? What's wrong?" San asked.

"After dad giving points about the University's rules and regulations, each class will be ushered by teachers to have a tour on the whole campus. By then, we should be already out of the group."

"What?! Why?! A tour would be cool!"

"Seriously San? That tour would be so boring, trust me!"

"No! I wanna go! I'll catch you by lunch at the canteen."

"San!" Gii retorted. She shook San multiple times until San's glasses fell. San searched for it but Zen picked it first. "Zen! You persuade him!" Then Gii stormed out of the hall.

Zen saw how annoyed Gii was and he hated seeing it. He steadied his fingers on each end of San's glasses, then slowly wore it on San.

San's sight was blurry. He knew that Gii walked away, but he couldn't run after her. He continued to search for his glasses, until a pair of hands made his head still, and slowly his vision cleared once again.

The world slowly turned. His heartbeat stopped pounding for a whole two seconds, and when it came back, San couldn't help but hear it beat a thousand times per second. His blood rushed through his veins towards his cheeks. He blushed as his eyes met Zen's, only half a foot away.

"Go with us, or I'll tear your enrolment form without second thought."

Quickly, his annoyance to Zen came back all at once. One sentence from Zen, and San nodded instantly. He surrendered the tour over Zen.