Memory 4

San's class ended well with no disturbance from Zen. This boy is totally different in class. San thought. He was scrutinizing the whole classroom when the teacher was discussing their first lesson. Some of his classmates were chatting, some were sleeping, all of them were not even listening to the teacher.

The teacher himself didn't even look so interested in what he's saying. Even Gii just did her makeup, it has been an hour now, yet she said that she still has halfway to go.

"How big exactly is your face to put make up that long?!" San exclaimed.

"Dear San, you are a man, so you don't understand. A girl's face is her treasure, she should treat it well-"

"Okay okay. I got it. Stop." San cut her.

"No, you don't. Look at this. This lipstick should be applied carefully so as not to put extra-"

"Fine! Stop. I don't care!" San swerved his chair towards Zen, but he was reading his book so intently that its page was already twice as the teacher's.

"Woah there. You're a smartass eh?"

"I'm just a responsible student unlike you."

"I am responsible!" San boasted. Zen didn't reply.

"Hey! Wanna play a game?" San continued to disturb Zen.

"Don't disturb me." Zen warned, eyes still on the book.

"I see that you are the type of person who knows every word in the world but smile."

"Smile is a verb which means to form one's features into a pleased, kind, or amused expression. Moreover, it is--"

"Sshhh shhh." San silenced him. "Don't be so sarcastic. Now, if I can make you smile before this day ends, you have to give me back my enrolment form."

"That's not a game. A game is usually played by two people putting bets in a fair manner. You have to--"

"I got it. I got it. Okay. What do you want?"

Zen thought for a moment, then flipped his book into another page and eyed San with an emotionless face, "Fine. If I can make you cry before this day ends, you have to treat me to lunch for a week."

"Hey! That's not fair!"

"No game then." Zen then put his attention back to his book.

"Let's make it this way: The one who can make the other one cry or smile first wins until there comes a winner."

"You should start weeping for your enrolment form then."

"Don't be so confident Zen." San said. "So it's a deal." San drew his hand for a handshake.

As expected, Zen smirked, irritated "Don't outsmart me. I see you've done a deal just to touch my hand, but it's not gonna work."

It took a minute for San to realize what Zen just said, then when the realization finally hit him, he said "Fck! I would never ever ask for a handshake from you again!"