Memory 6

San brought out his lunch out from his bag as the other six sat back down on their seats. It was like their first time to see someone eat with a lunchbox.

"Why don't you go and buy instead?" Theo suggested.

"It's really embarrassing to admit it, but I'm not like you guys. I don't want to spend money that much. I even walked today when I come here. It's refreshing, actually. The morning air is so cold. I think I'd do it until I graduate and just take the bus only when going back home."

"What's so big deal in spending money on the things that can make you comfortable San?" Gii wondered. "You really are a weird person."

"It's not that I don't want to, but I leave my money at home and just take my bus fare when I go to school. In that way, there's no way that I'd spend money on other things."

"What if an emergency comes up?"

"Better there's none now." San explained and smiled.

"Your parents must have been so proud of you."

"No. It's not like that. I live alone. I work to live. I live to be here. I have to survive by myself." San paused. "Hey cheer up!" San shouted when he saw the five's faces. Zen just made a face.

"I'm okay. I just don't want anyone to pity me. It's embarrassing, you know? That I am here, with you-rich ones-it makes me feel like a black sheep."

"San, starting tomorrow, I'll treat you to lunch every day." Four offered.

"No. No. It's fine. I just told you, I don't want to be pitied. Besides, my lunch is way healthier than yours! I should be the one pitying you! Hahahaha" then he opened his lunch box. There showed some carrots, cabbages, and some leafy veggies that the six haven't seen yet.

"Tadaaaa!"

Zen Groaned, "Gross!" Finally he gets into the conversation.

"What gross? Huh?" San picked his fork and poked a slice of carrot from his lunch box. He raised it and stared at Zen. "Do you want one?"

"Don't you dare!" Zen warned.

"Why Zen? Carrots are very delicious and healthy! Hey San, can I have one?" Jayan asked.

"Sure. Help yourselves."

Jey picked some carrots from San's lunch, so did the other four; but Zen wasn't even giving any intention of even touching them.

"Zenuuuuuuuu. Eat it!" San said in a ghost-like tone.

"Stop it! I'd rather die than eat that!"

"Zenuuuuu." San repeated. He swayed the fork with carrot in front Zen's face.

"Put that away or I'll hit you!"

"Zenuuuuuuuuu! Waaaaahhh." San now stood up, but Zen ran like as fast as the The Flash.

"Come here you monster! Let me feed you! Zenuuuuu!" San chased after Zen. Zen didn't care if there are students bustling in the canteen. He just ran around the canteen, tripping one or two students who blocked his way. He even made chairs turn upside down. He caught the canteen's attention as San called his name. He didn't dare turn to look back at San, afraid of the carrot in San's fork.

When after five minutes of continuous rumbling, Zen finally stopped. He looked at his back, afraid that San would just jump out of the corner of his eye as San called his name. He didn't dare turn to look back at San, afraid of the carrot on San's fork. Only then did he realize how embarrassing his actions were. San with the group were looking at him, laughing out loud to the crazy Zen running around the canteen, thinking that San was still chasing after him, but San wasn't. He just looked at Zen from his chair, realizing how funny Zen is. Zen was exhausted. He gave a monster look to everyone who was watching him and smoothed out his uniform, abruptly; everyone directed their eyes to anywhere but to Zen. Zen angrily walked back towards his chair while the six were laughing; but suddenly stopped when they saw Zen's mad face.

"Why weren't you chasing after me?!" Zen shouted at San, straight to San's face. His face was so near to San's that he almost kissed San.

"Why Zen? Do you want me, San, to chase after you?" San teasingly smiled, then quickly put the carrot in Zen's mouth.