8

My heart was racing a mile a minute as I sat all alone in Angelo's office. Angelo and Dom were right outside the door and I could just barely hear them talking to each other.

Well ladies and gentleman, it wasn't sounding very good for me right now.

There was a shift in the mood as Dom told Angelo I had ran to the bathroom to call the cops. He already knew something was up and was obviously upset but now he was just downright angry. I spun around in my seat as the office door hit the wall behind it with so much force I don't think the doorstopper stood a chance.

I was so fucked.

Angelo walked into the office and slammed the door behind him almost as hard as he had just opened it, locking Dom out. He took long, resentful strides towards me, stopping just a few feet in front of me, "I shouldn't have ever trusted you. I shouldn't have ever helped you in the beginning because this wouldn't have happened if I did. I gave you an inch and you took a fucking mile and now we're all fucked because of it."

I didn't want to say anything to him because he was so visibly enraged, I feared anything I said may have made him kill me on the spot and I wasn't ready to give up just yet.

"What did you tell them?" He asked while leaning against his desk and folding his arms over his chest. "I need to know everything."

I didn't want to tell him everything.

But I didn't think I had a choice.

"I told them who I was and that I was kidnapped by the mafia. That was all I was able to say before Dom destroyed the phone."

"I don't believe you."

"Why would I lie?"

He scoffed, "Why wouldn't you lie?"

I said nothing.

He looked at me for what seemed like forever before turning around. I kind of expected him to sit behind his desk or something but he just stood there, with his back to me.

I knew it was a dumb idea, I really did but I quietly got up from my chair and made a mad dash for the door. I had no idea where I was going but I knew that any place was better than here. Maybe I'd run into Luca somewhere along the way and he would be able to help me again.

"Chloe!" Angelo yelled after me the second I had opened the office door.

I heard him running behind me but I didn't dare look behind me as I flew down the stairs and into the foyer. There were a few different mafia men standing by the door and as soon as they saw Angelo they got defensive. They put their arms over the door so I couldn't get out but I was able to turn around. Angelo was right there, lunging for me quickly but I slipped through him like butter and kept on running.

I saw a sliding glass door in the back, open, with no one in sight. I just had to get there before one of the three angry mafia men caught me.

I was so close, I had one foot out the door and the other closely behind when a strong arm hooked around my waist and pulled me back roughly.

Angelo.

He lifted me in the air a little with the one arm and closed the door with the other. "You're so stupid," Angelo yelled out in frustration before letting me go again. Some might say he was the stupid one for doing that. "When has running away ever gotten you anywhere in this house?" He backed me into a wall, one arm lazily resting above my head. "Ever?"

Now probably would not have been the perfect time to make a light hearted joke...but I digress, "Well," I said with a childish, guilty smile. Hopefully he would find me somewhat cute and not shoot me, "I got your exercise in for the day, didn't I, Mr. Mafia?"

"I should kill you right now," he breathed the words out heavily. I really got his heart rate going.

"You don't...wanna do that though," I tried biting my tongue but I had already gotten away with so much I figured I would have been killed already if they were going to kill me, "You would lose your own personal trainer," I tried to wiggle my way around him but he pulled me right back to where I was, my back hitting the wall so hard it shocked me.

"If you ever make me chase after you again-"

"I didn't make you do anything. You did that of your own free will."

He dropped his arm back to his side and took a couple of steps back. He was very much so done with me and my antics and I took that as an ever so small win. "Get your shit, we're leaving."

Did he forget where I was? I wasn't on some damn ass vacation where I got to bring my own belongings. I didn't own anything here. What shit was he talking about and where were we going?

I didn't bother asking. He was in a mood.

_______

Of course they had their own plane. How stupid of me to assume that they didn't. The real kicker was that it was probably nicer than my dad's private jet and he didn't steal the money to get it.

We were apparently still waiting for some people to board. I noticed that Luca wasn't on here so maybe he was one of the people we were waiting for, hopefully. Angelo had me sit in one of the seats up closer to the cockpit where there wasn't anything to look at, except him of course. I knew Lilly was more towards the back of the plane with Dom and I swear I saw Tony on here somewhere.

"Where are we going?" I asked Angelo as he started looking down at his phone for something. Probably criminal shit.

"Italy," he said boringly without looking up at all. Whatever text he was reading must have been pretty damn important.

"Oh cool, you can take me home then."

"What?"

"My family has a home there. You can drop me off and we can forget about all of this," I was just messing with him at this point and wasn't even into the conversation myself. I turned around in my seat and peered over the top of it so I could see who else was on the plane. I guess I wouldn't have known anyone anyway but I like being aware of my surroundings.

"Hmm," I rolled my eyes at how non-present in the conversation he was and pitied myself for having to be stuck next to him for however long this flight was going to be.

"When are we leaving?"

He stood up abruptly and started walking over to Dom. I couldn't quite hear what they were saying but it sounded urgent. Dom stood up now and the both of them walked off the plane. I didn't have anyone telling me that I couldn't move now so I got up, with all eyes on me, and moved over to sit by Lilly. "What did they say?" I asked as we both looked out the window.

Well shit. She didn't even have to answer my question.

I watched out the tiny hole in the plane as Angelo and Dom approached three people, none of whom I cared for or wanted to see.

Sienna, Lorenzo and...

My mom.

My mom wasn't a very big part of my life growing up. She would occasionally drop by or ask to see Sienna and I but she only ever did that when she had a red carpet event to go to and she needed a millionaire's children as accessories. As we got older, we saw her less and less frequently because as her own stardom dwindled, she turned to drugs and alcohol. My dad did his best to keep us away from her and I honestly thank him for it.

But why the fuck was she here and why does Angelo seem to know everyone in my family?

Angelo started talking to them and my god did he seem pissed. I wish I could have been a fly on the wall because I honest to god had no idea why she would possibly be here.

"That's my mom," I told Lilly.

"Dude what? Does she know them?"

"I didn't think so."

"Chloe, you gotta run out there," she whispered, "She could save us."

My mom would never put her own life in jeopardy to help me, there was no point in even trying. "I tried running early today already. If I do it again I'm gonna get my ass beat. What could she do to help us when there are a million of them anyway?" Angelo turned and started to head back to the plane, "I gotta go back to my seat."