4

Sienna acted like she had never seen me before as she went and took a spot at the table as far away from me as she could get. Her and Lorenzo immediately got situated and started laughing and joking along with everyone else.

I didn't understand her. She truly was an anomaly. How the hell did she know these people though? It didn't look like she was being held hostage by anyone...other than Lorenzo of course.

I turned back to Luca, catching him off guard with a mouth full of food. His eyes widened, chipmunk cheeks disappearing as he swallowed. "Yes?" He asked.

"Can I leave? Like the room? I already know I'm probably never getting out of here. I just need some fresh air and a walk would grant that."

He processed my question before shaking his head, "You'd need his permission," he sneakily motioned down to the dude at the head of the table, "And I'm like 99.9 percent sure that he wouldn't let you out. He's kind of an ass like that...You know le Sienna?"

I nodded, "Sister."

"Haven't known ya long, but I already see no similarities. I try to be respectful of the ladies and such, but she makes it really hard sometimes."

If he said this like a week ago, I wouldn't have believed him at all, but Sienna was so different now than she was before she left for New York.

"She's a bully," was all he said before going completely silent.

Instead of eating, I found myself scanning the room. There were so many men, the only girls being Sienna, Lilly and I. That one evil chick wasn't even here.

Was it against the mafia's code to have girls join too? That's what I thought but then the presence of Italia or whatever the hell her name was, made me rethink that. She did seem to be the only one though.

Must've sucked some dick or something.

The room fell silent as the Big Boss pushed his chair out and left the room abruptly, leaving his entire plate of food there uneaten. I called it. I knew something was wrong with him.

As if they had been waiting for this all night, all the other mafia men started to get up and leave right after him. It felt like they had been waiting for this moment all night.

Luca even started to get up, not without shoving the last bit of fruit salad in his mouth though. He smacked my shoulder playfully, "Alright, kid, come on."

I gave him a questioning look.

"I'll give you a tour of the grounds if you hurry it up. Tony looks busy with the other blondie right now so I can probably sneak you out."

I got up right after that and hurried out of the house with him. Every now and then I would glance over my shoulder to see if Tony was following us.

"Why are you so nice?" I asked while crossing my arms over my chest. It was cold outside and I was struggling to keep warm. "I haven't really talked to many people but I can definitely assume none of them are as friendly as you."

"I'm mean to people almost all day. I ruin people's lives. I really don't see a need for hurting anyone else when I'm off the clock. It gets tiring."

That was nice of him I suppose. I didn't think he would, but how was I supposed to know that he wouldn't turn around and shoot me in the back as soon as I walked in front of him? Or what if this was just a fake nice so he could make me trust him and then he became the new Tony?

"I just can't trust anyone here," I said. "It's probably going to happen anyway, but I don't want to die. I need to play my cards right so Lilly and I can get out of here."