13

It was so fucking early and I was not a morning person. I kept my eyes glued shut as I buried my face into the pillow, trying to lull myself back into a deep sleep. Whatever Angelo gave me last night really knocked me out.

I heard a voice from outside the bedroom and quickly felt around the bed only to realize that Angelo wasn't there. But that wasn't Angelo's voice. I didn't know who's voice it was and then another one chimed in.

I shot up and threw the covers off of me as one of the bedroom double doors swung open, two men coming in. One was tall and lanky while the other one was of average height with a very very strong build.

I swallowed hard at the sight of them. Where was Angelo? Were these his hit men? Was I having a nightmare?

"Who are you?" The feeble words left my mouth, making me feel very small next to them. "Where's Angelo?"

"I'm Nico," the skinny one took daring steps closer to me as I backed as far up on the bed as I could. His presence didn't feel friendly. "That's Guido," he lunged at me as a loud scream left my mouth and I jumped so hard into the wooden bed frame that my head slammed against it. Nico started laughing at me as he backed away, "Gotcha."

"Leave her alone, Nico," Guido said while looking around the room.

"She's so jumpy."

I got out of bed and walked around the both of them to be closer to the door. "Why are you here?" I demanded.

"Relax," Guido spoke up before Nico had a chance to chime in, "We're putting in security cameras so that we don't have to be here all the time."

"What a shame, right principessa?" He got all in my face, his hot breath hitting my skin.

I pushed him away and he stumbled back a bit. He became enraged in response and once again lunged at me just as the other bedroom door opened.

Angelo walked in, his face buried in his phone as he stopped next to me. He slipped the phone into the front pocket of his black slacks and looked over at me curiously as Nico slowly backed away. "What are you two doing in here? I told you specifically not to go in if I wasn't there."

"You told us to install cameras-" Nico urged.

"What did I say before that? I said don't fucking go in this room if I'm not here!"

I backed myself into the wall as far as I could possibly get before leaving the room altogether seemed like a better option. I snuck out the door and dipped back into my room, quietly closing the door behind me. I grabbed my duffel bag and emptied the contents of it onto my unmade bed, scrounging around for an outfit. I picked out a floral black pair of shorts and a matching crop top but I wasn't about to change when there were three men right outside my door that was very much incapable of being locked.

I poked my head out of the room and tried to make a run for the bathroom but I came face to face with Angelo. "They're gone for now but they're coming back later to finish putting cameras in," he held a brand new iPhone out to me and I very hesitantly grabbed it. What if it exploded or something? "To keep you entertained," he said as if he could read my mind.

But why the fuck was he giving me a phone? I could do so much with this.

"It's programmed so that you can only contact the people that are already in it and there's no way for you to call the cops. I guess you could read or something?" That stupid ass smirk came back on his lips as he walked away. I should have known.

__________

Angelo was gone but now Luca was here and unfortunately so were Nico and Guido but they weren't anywhere near me.