18

I dressed up for nothing.

Angelo cancelled last minute on Smith and Eleanor and I was totally fine with that because I thought I would just get to do nothing for the rest of the night.

Instead I was going to eat dinner with a large part of the D'Amico Crime Family at some upscale Italian restaurant.

Go figure.

I wouldn't say I hated Italian food but it was pretty much my least favorite of all cuisines.

Hearty male laughter got louder and louder the further I walked down the stairs into the private dining area in the wine cellar. The restaurant didn't look like much from the outside but once inside, you were greeted with rustic brick walls and beautiful crystal chandeliers. It was dimly lit with candles on almost every perfectly polished table.

Very romantic.

As soon as my foot hit the bottom floor, all eyes were on me. I didn't recognize very many people, Dom being one of them and to my complete shock Lilly was seated next to him.

I couldn't help but notice how close the two seemed. I mean, his hand was literally on her exposed upper thigh.

How did that happen?

Angelo walked past me a little and pulled the chair out next to Lilly. He was going to let me sit next to her? After all the "drama" we caused when we were together.

I didn't move until he made a motion with his hand for me to sit down so I hurried to my spot and he pushed me in.

How gentlemanly.

"Hey bitch," Lilly opened her mouth and immediately I smelled the alcohol on her. "How's it going?" She slurred her words and that was how I knew she was already too far gone.

"I'm as fine as I can be."

"Cheer up," she threw her elbows on the table and leaned in really close to me, "You got the daddy boss man. You're lucky." She winked.

"I don't have anybody. What happened to trying to get out of here?" I whispered as quietly as I could have but that was probably pointless. Lilly was a loose cannon, drunk or not.

"Psht! I'm over that. My life is waaaay better here than it was at home...waitressing tables. Fuck that! I get everything I want here."

So I was completely on my own now.

Good to know.

I decided to stop paying attention to her and focus back on Angelo who was now seated next to me. He somehow got a menu in front of him but he wasn't looking at it, so I slid it over in front of me, garnering some attention from the man himself.

He didn't say anything but I could feel his eyes on me as I grazed over the finely printed Italian words.

I didn't want any of this.

I'd probably just order a side of rosemary potatoes and some bruschetta.

I was a slut for bruschetta.

"Can I get this?" I asked Angelo while pointing out the sangria on the menu. I only asked because he would have to order it for me seeing as though I was a minor.

He gave me a weird look, "You're like eighteen. No you can't have that."

"Yeah because this will be the first illegal thing you have ever done."

Lilly threw herself into my side. "I'll get it for you."

If Angelo was really against it, he didn't say anything else about it and once the waiter came around and started taking orders, he never stopped Lilly from ordering it for me.