3

"Wakey, wakey," Tony came into the room Lilly and I were switched into last night. I knew it was probably the smallest and most boring room in this entire house. The only thing in here were two beds and a clock hanging on the wall.

I had already been awake for awhile. Sleep wasn't an easy thing for me to come by, especially not when I was in a house swarming with mafia men. I had insomnia, and it was so bad, I usually needed to take pills to fall asleep.

Needless to say, I didn't have those with me.

Tony sat on the edge of my bed and stared at me. I sat up and scooted away from him until I had hit the wooden headboard. I didn't like any of the guys I've met while being here, but this one was my least favorite by far.

"Get your spaghetti hands off me, you friggin' meatball!" I screamed as he reached out and grabbed one of my exposed ankles as if he were going to use it to pull me closer to him.

Not on my watch.

I kicked myself free just as he put his hand on his gun, warning me. I winced in pain, my body still sore from yesterday.

I'd rather die than have him touch me ever again though so I didn't care.

"Wake her up," he motioned to Lilly who was sleeping on the bed next to mine.

"You do it," I sassed right back. I didn't do too well with taking orders from old meatballs.

I saw anger flood him and he was quickly getting off the bed, yanking me off with him. "Listen, fiore," he tugged on my arm and pulled me into him, our bodies touching as he put his mouth to my ear, "the quicker you learn that I'm the boss of you, the longer you'll live."

I pulled my arm away from him and threw a pillow at Lilly. I wanted to smother her with it for sleeping while Tony was in here talking to me, but if I did that then I'd have no one.

"Wake up," I whispered evilly as Lilly opened her eyes, "We have company." 

She looked up to see Tony and then brought herself into a sitting position on the edge of the bed, "Can we help you with something?" She asked, becoming fully awake and alert in that moment.

The two stared at each other intensely for what seemed like forever. I didn't have anywhere to run to, I was completely trapped in a room with two people who were more than capable of killing me or each other.

"Get dressed and get downstairs," Tony broke eye contact with Lilly, his eyes falling on me as I looked away.

"I am dressed," Lilly said matter of factly after Tony had pointed to a closet I assumed was filled with the clothes he wanted us to wear.

Did he take random girls off the street all the time? Is that why he had a closet stocked with everything a female needed?

"Your street clothes won't work here," he motioned to the ripped up pair of jeans and weed printed crop top she had on, "That's not how a lady like yourself should dress, so the sooner you accept that, the better off you'll be."

Lilly rolled her eyes, "Psht. And what exactly did I do to make you think that I act like a lady? Because I'd like to take that back."

I wanted to jump in and tell her to shut up and do what he said already so that I didn't have to listen to the two of them bicker back and forth like children. Wasn't she the one that said we had to start gaining these people's trust? I didn't think fighting them on everything they asked was going to get us that.

Tony looked at me and all I could see was anger.

I stood up straight and put a light hearted smile on my face, "So...what's for breakfast?"