64: Back to the Basics

Start from the beginning

“Yup.”

“Prove it.” Spencer said waggling his eyebrows.

I looked down at my tray and noticed I needed a fork. A mischievous smile came to my face. “You better hope I am.”

I got up from where I was sitting and Spencer raised an eyebrow. “Why?”

“Because otherwise the fact that you are about to watch my ass as I walk away would make you gay.” I winked and walked off to get the fork.

Behind me I could hear Brendon chuckling as Jakeson hissed “Don’t stare perv.” At Spencer and Frankie.

Boys. They make things too easy. I headed back towards the table and took my seat my heart feeling like it was about to jump from my chest. Kale.

And he wasn’t alone. No he was with some black haired girl. The problem was, they were making out. Ignore it. It doesn’t matter. I ignored it as I took my seat across from them.

“Enjoy the view?” I teased Spencer and he grinned over at me.

“More then you know.”

Jakeson gave him a glare. “Don’t you have a test to study for?”

I pretended to pay attention to their playful fighting but I couldn’t. He could at least take it elsewhere. I thought sourly as I did my best to avoid looking at them. 

“You should spend the night at my house.” Brendon announced out of the blue and I looked over at him.

“Yeah sounds great.” I gave him a huge smile.

Kale must have overheard because I almost laughed when he spoke up. “You can’t.”

I looked over at him. Oh wow he finally surfaced from his kiss. I thought sourly. “Why not?”

“You can’t sleep over at a guys house.”

I laughed. “I stayed at Jakeson’s house before.”

Kale glared over at me. “I said no.”

I shrugged. “I’m sorry daddy but I’m going to go.”

Brendon chuckled. “Relax Kale we’re just going to watch movies.”

“Oooh yay a slumber party.” I said as Brendon and I chuckled together. Sometimes I can’t help but think he’s gay with how well we get along.

“You guys can borrow Horsemen. Great horror movie.” Jakeson offered.

“Why don’t you just come with?” Brendon asked giving him a smile.

Maybe he is gay? “He likes you.” Brendon whispered in my ear quietly. I couldn’t help it as my cheeks flushed.

“Room for one more?” Spencer asked.

Brendon nodded. “The more the merrier.” 

“In that case I’ll come too.” Frankie shrugged. “Might as well make the best of a Friday night.”

“Horror  movie fest it is then.” Brendon grinned at me.

“But we don’t want to scare Rein.” Frankie said giving me an amused laugh.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah I’m sure I’ll be fine.”

“I’ll come too then.” Kale said in a bored tone.

I didn’t bother to look up. “Sounds like a nice fun sausage fest.” Sarah said in a bored tone. I wonder how she feels watching Kale with other girls? I mean I know they aren’t dating but still it would hurt. It hurts me and I’m just his friend.

Step sister. I reminded myself. “Rein will be there so we avoid the sausage fest title.” Brendon pitched in. 

Long Way to Happy - Pink