Paint #7 Festive

Erika looked up at the London sky, the grey, dark clouds looming once again over much of the city. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. 

"Erika, you ready? We have to go now!" Ari's cheerful voice startled her out of her waking dreams. "Yeah...I guess so. What are we doing today?" She called back, already going back to the house to grab some equipment. 

"Three murderers with fresh blood on their hands." Ari said as she appeared in her doorway. Erika smiled. "Are they skilled?" She shrugged. "All I heard was the news about them brutalizing couple of strange people and then murdering them with no thoughts about body parts or making a pretty scene." 

She nodded, grabbing an extra set of ammunition. "I'll leave the rest to you?" 

Ari nodded again and walked away, her dress trailing behind her like a wedding gown. For a moment Erika thought she could see someone beside her, someone she had drawn...

She shook her head and smacked the set into the gun. Hard. 

No need to dwell on phasing dreams, they'd only cause more trouble. 

"Lets go." 

*Later*

"Just what are you two?!" The woman shrieked as Erika gunned her down. Ari growled and wiped stained blood away from her face. "God, that's real hot." She muttered while sneaking a glance at Erika. Erika noticed and gave her a twitch of a smile, which Ari took for the moment. 

Erika felt the urge to destroy the body, to mutilate it as it did to her victims, but Ari was there, watching her. She sighed and shrugged the woman's body up on her shoulder. "Where do we dispose of it?" She asked as Ari looked around for unnecessary watchers. "That gutter." She pointed to a dark looking sewer. 

"It's a pretty fresh body...do you want any blood?" Erika commented as she started dragging back the corpse, already going cold and limp. 

"As if I want to drink from that dirty, contaminated pollute!" Ari's disgusted reply made her snort. "Sorry. Just wanted to make sure-" 

She spotted something on the woman's bodice. A long, decorated dagger with it seems a ruby in the middle. 

"Erika?" Ari's questioning tone only made her more curious. "Nothing." Erika turned a corner and set the body down, then proceeded to take the small weapon away. "Now where have I seen this kind of decoration..." She mused slowly while getting up and once again dragging the body into the gutter, this time really disposing it. 

"Erika, I'm coming over to you if you don't get out of that dark corner right now." Ari's threatening tone made Erika smile again. "Sorry Mother, I forgot." She emerged, the dagger tucked safely into a long pocket. 

"Besides, I don't understand why you'd wear a trench coat. It's a guy's clothing." Ari sighed and Erika frowned at her. "It's easy fighting someone in a dress? Excuse me, but what secret maneuver have you discovered that had made this better for the female race?" She joked and Ari sighed. "Never mind."