Paint Slide #3 Arianna Murray

Arianna sighed, then looked at her watch. Why wasn't Erika back? Where in the world did she go?  

 "Erika..." She mumbled softly and looked at the newest painting her friend had made, one of a dark, black and churning sea during a thunderstorm. She shivered. How did Erika put all the details in with perfection? And how did she see so many colors? She had to drag her eyes away from the painting, and it landed on the volcanic cake Erika had baked for her. Why was it volcanic?      

She groaned when she saw her friend's paint brushes. "That's it. I'm going to find her." She winced and quickly cut her finger, letting a drop of fresh and dark red blood fall into her open mouth, teeth already turning sharper. This counted as an emergency.       

Her eyes slowly bled into the scary yet mezmerizing red and she smelt the air, already sensing the way Erika had gone. By the rate the rain was falling, the last of her faint scent would dissappear in half an hour.       

She had to hurry.       

----------------------------------------------------------------------      

Erika woke in a cold sweat.       

And blinked.      

Where...? She looked around. Unfamiliar room, unfamiliar bed, unfamiliar view from the window. What...      

She saw her painting materials and nothing else, and when she saw the compass clutched into her hand she frowned. She was slowly remembering...but...      

Why were there two red and amusing eyes always in the back of her head?      

They weren't Ari's...so who?      

She groaned. "Oh, why did you do this to yourself, you big idiot?" She muttered to herself and shrugged. "I have no idea..." She answered and lightly got out of the bed. A sudden wave of nausea pressed down on her and she bend over, surprised and hurt.       

When she recovered, she looked at her painting/medication kit. The three colors that were open and almost dried out were yellow, red and blue. She gasped in horror and quickly closed them, trying to not dry more of the precious herbs that kept her sane and normal.       

Idly she remembered that it was for a phasing period...like what happened to her when she was a teenager. "You still are, big head." She murmured to herself and grinned, then shook her head slowly. So what happened? She looked at her body. Nothing changed there...She blushed and laughed, rolling her eyes.       

But...she looked at her hands, they looked normal, the long and thin fingers accustomed to holding a paintbrush and playing the piano, and there was the perminate bump on her thumb from writing books.      

A flash of light made her jump and she stared out the window once again, trying to see past the black and actually see something. She jumped as her vision flickered, then she saw everything in an even darker shade and even more color than she had even seen at night. Colors she had never in her life seen before. There was no way to describe it. Dark, dark amber was a shade of red, but rich and dark and...well, undescriptible. She had to record this. She had to show the rest of the world what this looked like.