Paint Slide #2 Phasing

Erika blinked up to the grey sky. Did she fall asleep? And what time was it? She shook her head and sighed. It was getting a little warmer so it must be morning, but it was still raining pretty hard. 

"Hm...I think I should leave...uh..." She looked down. Below her was a small but rapid stream, sloshing around.

"Yeah, I'm leaving." She sighed and her stomach rumbled. She was about to leave immediately but then she remembered her promise. "Heh, won't he be surprised." She smirked and took out a small cutting knife (not her special one, of course), and stabbed it into the tree. On closer inspection she took it out and stabbed it in the guy's head. Maybe that'll teach him. 

"Well, now that I've vent out my anger, I'm going to happily skip on trees till I find an exit. If I go one way far enough then I'd reach the end, right? I'll go the opposite direction from the mansion." 

She hopped to the top of the tree and looked. The house was behind her and everything was shaking. The wind was pretty strong. A streak of lighting brought something to her vision, but it was just a crow. 

Stupid bird. If it gets roasted then I'll go eat it. She laughed and jumped onto the next tree branch, and almost slipped. "Whao, I'd forgotten. This place is wet." 

 Really now. Can't you stop being so flutter brained? Focus on something for once, and I don't mean on books or drawings. 

"What about music?" She muttered as she jumped over a branch, getting rain on her face. The voice in her head sighed and stopped talking. 

"Well, be that way." She smirked and skipped a few trees, then took out her weapon. The cylinder grew into the same small knife but this time she wanted something different. 

Could it do something like that? She tried. 

The good thing was that it did turn into a compass. The bad thing was she lost her concentration and slipped. The water took over her as soon as she fell in. 

"WAH!" She yelled as the current pulled her along, and after awhile she stopped struggling. If water goes down, then she'd be able to get away from this forest sometimes, right? So she let the water carry her, and occationally she'd play with it, ducking under and looking for random things. 

She realized that it was a forming into a river. Too late, she was already being pulled to the center. 

What an unpleasant way to die...She thought as she closed her eyes. If she died now then she wouldn't be able to draw again. Or read again. Or do anything else again. Making up her mind, she opened her eyes and prepared to kick to the surface. 

Only to see a black blur. The blur pull her out of the water, yes, but also made her choke. 

"I thought you said you won't die on my master's grounds." The guy muttered and she choked again, gasping and coughing out water.