Author's Note

Hi,

I'm writing this because I wanted to clear up and say a few things. I don't know how many of you will actually read this, because I typically don't read these when I see them. 

First thing I wanted to do was to clear up the situation regarding Catrina's arranged marriage. I reread the chapter a few times and I was wondering if I didn't make the situation clear enough due to the way I phrased certain sentences. This is because there are a few people who think Amelia is a hypocrite, which left me a bit confused at first, until I reread the chapter.

In regards to Catrina's arranged marriage to the second prince, Amelia doesn't have much say in it. When speaking with Catrina, she says that the king 'suggested' a marriage betweeen Catrina and his second son, but it's not as simple as that. A king, is, well a king. Amelia can't just go against his wishes without facing a few consequences, no matter how big or small they may be. 

This is not to say that Amelia couldn't have expressed her unwillingness to marry her first daughter to the king's son, but that in doing so, she risked angering the king and having her family suffer for it. Since Amelia was able to chose her own marriage partner, she does want her own kids to be able to do the same, but life isn't always that simple. She's a noble who owns a fief, so when she makes decisions she also has to take into consideration the lives of the people who live there. She can't make decisions based on feelings alone.

So, to reiterate, I'm not saying that she couldn't have gone to the king and refused the order for marriage, but that the family would have to bear whatever the consequences may have been for doing so. 

I'm not saying that Amelia isn't a hypocrite for doing this, and I'm also not saying she is. I just wanted to make the situation a bit more clear.

The second thing I wanted to make clear was the rational behind Catina's arranged marriage.

The king only arranged for a marriage between Catrina and his second son, so why is Catina also having a marriage arranged for her?

It is precisly because Catrina has a marriage arranged that Catina also has to have her marriage arranged.

I read a lot of histrical fiction, and usual when one child has their marriage arranged, it's not long before their younger sibling has their marriage arranged as well. Catrina and Catina are twins, I just felt that it would be strange if one twin had a marriage partner but the other didn't. I can't image how that would look in the eyes of the other nobles. 

So, Amelia arranging a marriage between the grandson of a her father's friend is her way of protecting her second daughter's reputation. I wanted to say a bit more on this, but then I read through again and realized that I didn't say much about this marriage when I wrote chapter 16, so technically saying anything more than this would be a spoiler, so I won't.

Also, I'm now done with my classes, so I should have a lot of free time on my hands now. I'll try to update more often. I honestly didn't think so many people would like my story, thank you. Feel free to ask questions if there's something that confuses you or doesn't make sense to you, because I might not have made it clear enough, or maybe it just doesn't make sense lol. 

Also, I forgot to say to say this, but Catrina's heritage makes her the prime candiate to be the second prince's fiance. The only reason Amelia wasn't chosen to be the current king's fiance when she was younger is because she has no affinity for the elements. In this world it's a big deal when a noble of such high standing has no affinty for the elements. Also, Catrina's father (Logan), despite his background, has a lot of military power, so it's obvious the king would want to keep that power within the royal family. 

Thank you for reading and I hope you guys are staying safe.