Chapter 2: Years later

It has been 10 years since Janus and Virgil met Roman and Remus, though that was the only time they ever saw them. The sun was rising as Virgil woke up, stretching. Virgil quickly got up and changed. He put on a dark purple shirt, black pants, and his patched hoodie. He did his morning routine before applying  his black eyeshadow.

A faint knock was heard on his door, opening up to reveal one of his closest friends. Patton. He wore a simple baby blue shirt and khaki shorts. "Hey kiddo, just came by to check if your almost done." Patton smiled. "Don't worry Pat, I'm almost done." Virgil chuckled quietly as he saw Patton leave, most likely to check up on Janus if he hasn't already.

Today the two prince brothers were scheduled for a visit to the village. Virgil soon walked out of his room and down the stairs. Virgil lived in the villages bookstore with Patton and Janus.

Patton was the owner of the store and gladly let the two live with him. Janus was a magician, usually going by the nickname 'Deceit'. The three males met up in the lobby. Patton squealed from excitement. "Hey Pat, are you okay?" Virgil asked concerned while looking at Patton, who responded with a vigorous nod.

Janus chuckled slightly while putting on his black bowler hat. "Well, we should get going, so that we aren't late!" Patton grabbed their arms and dragged them along. All the townsfolk started gathering around. Patton was excited as he never once saw the princes before. No one really has.

The two twins came, both on horses, being escorted by another male who wore a black button up shirt, khaki pants and had black glasses. "May I please present. Prince Roman and Prince Remus!" The escort announced. The two twins hopped off their horses as they became surrounded.

During this moment, Virgil took the chance to sneak away before his anxiety got the better of him. He decided to go to the nearby forest that wasn't far from the bookstore.

Remus' POV

As I looked around I saw Deceit and Virgil along with another boy. I smiled slightly and remembered the night that we first met. "Hey bro, let's go." Roman said as he hopped of his horse and I copied his actions. The townsfolk mostly went to Roman, instead of me. I didn't care much about it. Mostly since I just wanted to see two certain people.

I took this chance to go where I last saw the two. I left without telling Logan or Roman where I was going. "Hey prince, what are you doing so far from the comfort of your castle?" I heard a familiar voice say. I quickly turned around and smiled. "Deceit!" I jumped onto him as I pulled him into a hug.

I looked around but saw no sight of Virgil. I looked at Deceit confused. He responded with shaking his head. I frowned at the fact that Virgil wasn't here. "Dang it, I was hoping the three of us could hang out together." I whined.

"Don't worry Rem, we'll be able to still hang out later." Deceit said as he walked off. I was about to follow him until I was stopped by a familiar male. Logan. "Where do you think you're going?" Logan said with a stern look. "I was gonna go spend some time alone." I lied as I looked back at Deceit as he continued walking away.

"Well, you have to stay here with Roman. It is important that you two spend time with the people here." Logan dragged me back to where Roman was, still crowded by a bunch of people. Time went by as noon got closer.

Virgil's POV

I walked down the familiar path that led me to a small pond. It was relaxing and nice to be here. I sat down near the edge of the pond and stared into my own reflection. I sighed as my mind started to wander. I closed my eyes, smiling softly as I listened to the area around me.

My thoughts were soon interrupted when I heard a small meow. I looked around until my eyes fell onto a black cat with blue eyes. We stared at each other for a while. The cat cautiously walked up to me. I stayed still and slowly let out my hand.

It's soft fur rubbed against my skin, making me smile. The cat meowed once more as they layed down near my legs. It left me surprised, but I let it be. I wondered if the cat had an owner. I decided to check the cat and saw that it was a female.

I started to think of possible name choices. A few minutes passed until we both agreed on a name. Nala. My stomach growled loudly, signaling that I still had to eat. Nala jumped into my arms as I carried her back home.

My mind still wandered, curious if she had an owner. We soon exited the forest as I turned around and looked at the forest once more. Soon enough, I ended up bumping into someone. I immediately turned around and apologized.

"I-I'm s-so so-sorry!" I stuttered over my words, mentally slapping myself. "It's quite alright. I should've watched where I was walking." The person in front of me said. I looked up and noticed that it was the guy who was with Roman and Remus.

Third person

"If I may ask, what is your name?" The male said as he looked down at Virgil, soon noticing the cat that he had in his arms. "V-Vir-Virgil.." he said in a soft voice. "Well, I'm Logan, I've heard a bit about you." Logan noticed the boy freeze.

"The princes talk about you and someone else from time to time. Nothing bad." Virgil eased up slightly, letting his shoulders relax. They stood there in awkward silence, until Nala decided to break it with a hiss.

"Virge! There you are!"