𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

Kiara's POV

We got to the beach and unloaded all of the surfboards and the rest of our belongings. 

"Damn, I haven't gone surfing in forever." John B said. 

"Did you forget the part where you were a fugitive?" Pope said. 

"Oh, and when you were technically dead." JJ added. 

"True." John B said. 

We all slipped out of our clothes and grabbed our boards. Sarah was sitting on a beach towel to go tanning since she didn't know how to surf. 

"So Serena, you ever been surfing?" John B asked, as he waxed his board. 

"Duh, of course. I'm originally from Malibu, that's all we do over there." Serena said, lifting her board up.

"Ahh, so you're a pro then." Pope said. 

"I wouldn't call myself a pro, but I do know my way around some waves." Serena said. 

"Well we'd love to see what you can do on the board. Everyone knows JJ's the best surfer here, and Kie comes at a close second." John B said. "You think you can beat em?"

"I mean, I don't mean to brag but I'm kind of the king of the waves." JJ bragged, running his hand through his hair. 

"Okay" I mocked, rolling my eyes. "Show us what you got girl!" 

Serena ran to the ocean with her board and started paddling farther away. She let a few waves pass, letting the waves get bigger. Once they were big enough, she stood up and took a nice clean ride. 

"Wooo!" Sarah cheered. 

"Damn bro, her technique!" Pope said excitedly. 

"I know dude! She's fire!" JJ said. 

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.

"She's not THAT good." I said, crossing my arms. 

"Ooh, looks like somebody's jealous!" John B said, as he started poking my sides. 

"I'm not jealous!" I denied. 

"Aw, don't worry Kie, you're still the best in my opinion." JJ said, as he got up and walked towards me, placing a kiss on my lips. 

Everyone groaned in disgust.

"Ugh ew! Get a room you two!" Pope complained. 

We watched Serena ride another wave and Pope continued to drool over her. 

"Bro I can't with this girl. She's hot, smart, sweet, AND she can surf?!" Pope said.

"Dude just marry her already, damn." Sarah teased, as she took a bite out of a strawberry. 

"Just marry her already." Pope teased, causing Sarah to stick out her tongue. 

"Shoot your shot then bro." JJ advised.

"Nah, not yet. We don't really know each other that much." Pope sighed. 

Serena came back running with a huge smile on her face.

"So, how did I do?" She asked.

"Phenomenal." John B said.

"Amazing." JJ said.

"Beautiful." Pope said. 

We all snapped our heads to look at him. 

"What? Her technique was chefs kiss" Pope said, kissing his fingers and raising it in the air. 

"Is it good enough to beat the king himself?" Serena asked, as she walked over to JJ and placed her hand on his shoulder. I eyed her very carefully when she did so, but I couldn't let it show that it bothered me a little. 

"Nah, but definitely giving Kie a run for her money." John B said, causing me to raise my eyebrows.

"Ooh shit!" Pope said, covering his mouth with his hand. 

"I mean there's only one way to find out." Sarah said. 

"A surf off!" JJ shouted, clapping his hands. 

"I mean I'm down for a little competition, how about you Kiara?" Serena asked. 

I was definitely feeling the tension and the heat between us, I had to compete with her. 

"Always." I said, flashing a fake smile. 

"Whoever can ride 3 waves the cleanest wins." John B said. 

I nodded my head and Serena and I headed for the ocean. I start paddling and watching the waves get bigger and bigger. I spot Serena in the corner of my eye riding a wave. It was decent sized but of course, she played it safe. I let a few more waves roll over when I finally got up and rode it. The wave engulfed me, and when I got back up I hurriedly got back on my board. 

"One down." I said to myself. 

I start paddling and I spot a big wave rolling in. When it finally got closer, I got up and realized Serena did the same thing too. I tried not to focus on her because I needed to keep my balance. She fell off first, and I smirked to myself before being swallowed by the wave. Last one to go. I lay on my board trying to pick which wave to ride. A few are rolling in, but it's not as big as I wanted. I needed to go all out. I was still waiting, when I see Serena riding her last wave. Again, it was a mediocre size meaning she was playing it safe. I spot a huge ass wave heading my way and thought it was the perfect one. Once it got to me, I stood up and rode on as long as I could. I started swerving, showing off my skills when I lost balance and fell. My run got cut short and I was pissed. When I got back up from the water and headed to shore everyone was cheering, including Serena. 

"Damn Kie, you can ride." Serena complimented.

"Thanks." I said. "So, who won?" 

"Serena's were all definitely solid." JJ said. 

"I agree!" Pope chimed in. 

"Well it looks like we all think Serena won." John B announced. "Congrats, looks like you're now the queen of the waves." 

"Woo!" Serena cheered, as she ran over to JJ and hugged him. My blood BOILED at the sight of this. But I wasn't about to cause a scene. 

"King and Queen huh" Serena said smiling at JJ. 

"Looks like we are." JJ said smiling back. I was irritated. What the hell JJ?! 

"I mean I definitely rode bigger waves, but congrats!" I lied. 

"Aw, thanks Kiara!" Serena smiled. 

"So, we all going surfing or what?" I asked. I was over the conversation already and I was just eager to let loose and surf. 

"Fuck ya!" John B said. 

We all headed towards the ocean and surfed until we were exhausted. We ate food and eventually we headed home to go to sleep. Despite what happened with Serena today, I still had a great time hanging out with all my friends. I've definitely missed that feeling. 

☞author's note☜

Hey yall, I hope you liked the lil tension between Kiara and Serena. Also, I think its hilarious yall are so heated about Serena tryna get with JJ lmfao. I have a few things in store for that storyline so keep an eye out. This story is almost coming to an end with only a few more chapters left :( Thank you guys so much for reading along, it truly makes my heart supa happy. Lots of love xx