𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

JJ's POV

"JJ!" my dad yelled. Great, it's one of those nights again.

"What?" I snapped.

"Where the fuck have you been you little bastard?!" my dad yelled, slowly getting up from the couch.

"I was hanging out with Pope and Kie." I answered calmly.

He snickered as he walked closer towards me. "son of a bitch" he mumbled.

"What the hell's the matter with you boy! Always out with your friends! Never home to spend time with your REAL family! Probably going out doing God knows what and spending my hard earned money!" He yelled angrily, taking a few more steps closer towards me.

"Since when the fuck do you care dad?! You never gave a shit about me! I've had to take care of myself my whole life because all you do is sit around, spend all our money on fucking beer and drink your lazy ass away! My friends are more my family than you will ever be!" I yelled as tears welled up in my eyes.

"Fuck you! You ungrateful shit!" My dad yelled, as he pulled my shirt and punched me in the face. My head bounced back and he continued to throw punch after punch at my face. I could feel my eye swell up as I stood there helplessly, taking every hit my dad threw. He eventually threw me out on the porch and repeatedly kicked me in the stomach. I curled up in pain and held my stomach, tears streaming down my face.

"Why don't you run along to your little friends then if they're more your family than your ol' dad huh!" He yelled, shutting the door and leaving me out on the porch, bleeding and crying from the pain. I laid there and cried it all out for a moment before I slowly sat up, clutching my stomach as it still ached. I got up from my porch and walked my way towards John B's house. Eventually I made it, and I honestly felt dead. I walked to John B's room and collapsed on his bed, knocking out.

Kiara's POV

I decided to head to John B's house in the morning and start picking some of his things to keep. I mean it won't be long before they find out that John B's house is abandoned, so they'll end up clearing all of his things anyways. It's much better to have it for ourselves as a way to keep a piece of our friend with us always. I arrived at his house and made my way towards his room. My heart stopped when I noticed a body laying on John B's bed. I realized it was JJ."

"JJ?!" I asked, walking over towards him.

He slowly stirred in place and flipped over. When he did, I noticed his swollen purple eye and beaten up nose. I covered my mouth with my hand in disbelief. I slowly made my way closer to the bed and sat down.

"JJ, again?" I questioned as my voice cracked in pain. He slowly sat up and I raised my hand to his face. He silently winced as my fingers brushed over the bruises that plastered his face. "Are these all?"

He lifted up his shirt and his stomach was covered in splotches of bruises. I gasped when I saw, and shut my eyes holding back tears. JJ has been dealing with his abusive dad for so long and every time he gets beaten my heart can't take it. I've tried telling him that I'll help him find a way to get a better situation, but he refuses. I know he can't keep up his tough boy persona anymore, he's falling apart. And after John B's death, I don't know what's going to happen to him.

"Why didn't you come to me last night? Or even Pope?!" I asked as tears kept falling down my face.

"Kie, this isn't your battle to fight. I don't want you guys getting involved with the problems me and my dad have." He said.

"But JJ, I'm worried. This is what, the second time he's lashed out on you this week?! You can't keep going back there! One day that fucker is gonna lose it and next thing you know he's choking you to death! I can't do this anymore J, I can't lose you too" I sobbed. My heart was breaking for him, I couldn't let him go on like this anymore. He pulled me into a hug and I cried on his shoulder.

"Shh shh, it's okay Kie, don't worry about me. You're not gonna lose me" He whispered running his fingers through my hair and comforting me as I let everything out. I pulled away and he took his thumb and wiped away my tears.

"C'mon now, bad bitches don't cry" He said cheekishly.

I rolled my eyes and laughed. JJ always had that power of making me laugh, and it's one of the things I loved most about him.

"Let's go, time to pick up your boyfriend" JJ said, helping me stand up.

"He's not my boyfriend" I replied.

"Really? Cause I could've sworn I saw you two all mushy mushy-"

"Oh stop it JJ that's gross" I groaned covering his kissy face with my hand.

"What's the deal with you two anyways?" JJ asked as we headed towards my car.

"I honestly don't know. I kissed him the day John B left and it was just a spur of the moment type of thing. I didn't think he would take it as me saying that I liked him like that. God, I should have never done it" I sighed as I hopped into the driver's seat.

"Then why don't you tell him the truth. That you don't have feelings for him like that" JJ said.

"Ugh, I would but he's really into me. I can't break his heart like that JJ. Especially after everything we've gone through the past week. I mean he's lost his scholarship, his best friend died, and now I'm gonna tell him that I don't have feelings for him? That would shatter him. He needs me right now. I need to be his support system" I explained.

"I mean I guess. But you would just be lying to yourself and him Kie by leading him on" JJ said.

"I know. But I just can't break it to him right now. It has to wait" I said as we drove to Pope's house.

-author's note-

I decided to post another chapter today! I hope you guys are enjoying my story so far! I will try and update as frequently as possible, but this week is finals so bare with me!