𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

JJ's POV

-John B's house-

It has been a week since John B and Sarah died. I still can't process the fact that my best friend is gone. There was never a memorial for John B and the Pogues and I could never bring ourselves up to do it. Every time we thought about him or mentioned him we would just break down crying. My heart has been heavy this entire week because it doesn't just feel like I lost a friend. It feels like I lost a family member, a brother. My dad's a drunk, abusive piece of shit, and the only people I have left in my life are Pope and Kiara. But it feels like they're really becoming close with one another, so it's just me. Just me in this world filled with bullshit and chaos. Sometimes I question what am I even doing here anymore. I'm honestly starting to lose the will to live.

This entire week we've been coming to John B's house to talk and remember him. This place is all we have left of our best friend, and the only thing keeping our memories. Pope and Kie were sitting on the couch, with her head rested on his shoulder. Out of the three of us, I never imagined Kie getting with Pope. She's always been strong willed and independent and I honestly didn't see her ending up with the biggest pussy in the group. I've always tried making a move on Kiara, but she never reciprocated it back. Maybe she just sees me as a brother. It does bum me out a bit that she's breaking the rule of no pogue on pogue macking, but at least if she's happy, that's all I could ever want for her.

"JJ! Hey, Hello!" Kiara said, snapping me out of my daze. "You good?"

"Ya. I'm fine." I replied.

"You were staring at me for a long ass time, I was starting to get creeped out." She said, lifting her head from Pope's shoulder.

"Oh sorry, I was just thinking." I said.

"About what?" Pope asked.

"Nothing important." I lied. I couldn't tell him that I was thinking about his girlfriend that's not his girlfriend so I just stopped talking.

"Y'all it's getting late, we should probably head home. Ever since John-" she paused, "the incident, my parents have been strict on me being out for too late. They're probably scared to death right now."

"Ya same with my parents" Pope answered.

"Yup." I replied.

Kiara flashed me a half smile knowing the situation with me and my dad.

Kiara drove to Pope's house first to drop him off.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Pope smiled, leaning over and planting a kiss on Kiara's cheek.

She smiled and nodded her head, waving goodbye. I hopped out the car and dapped Pope up.

"See you tomorrow bro" Pope said.

"Later" I replied, hopping into the passenger's seat.

We both gave Pope one last wave and Kiara started driving me to my house. The whole car ride was silent. It wasn't awkward at all, just silent. All of our conversations have been pretty quiet lately, it's honestly just been way too hard for all of us. We arrived at the front of my house and I looked out the window, my heart sinking. I wonder how he's gonna be tonight.

"JJ" Kie whispered. I turned my head around and eyed her concerned face. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"Kie, I'm fine. I promise" I said.

"You've just been hella off lately. Like you're always dazed and spaced out. If there's something going on please let me know." She said.

"I appreciate your concern Kie, but I'm fine. I think we're all just learning how to grieve in a different way" I said.

She nodded her head slowly and gave me a small smile. She leaned over and pulled me in for a hug. I could tell she was truly concerned for me.

"Stay safe" she whispered.

I pulled away and nodded my head "Of course"

I jumped out of Kie's car and shut the door. I watched as she slowly drove away. I finally turned around and made my way to my porch. The lights inside my house were turned off and it was pitch black. I took a big inhale and slowly exhaled as I opened the door. I stepped inside and turned on the lights.

"JJ!"

-author's note-

Hey yall! I loved the show Outer Banks and I am obsessed with JJ and Kiara! This story will mainly be about them and how their relationship develops. I lowkey suck at writing, so bare with me through this whole process. If you have any suggestions as far as plot line, characters, etc. for future chapters please lmk! I would love to have your guys' input :)