𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎

Kiara's POV

Well shit. Pope just confessed his love for me, and now I'm about to break his God damn heart. I definitely fucking waited too long. I can't be a heartless bitch to him, he'll never want to talk to me again. Damn it Kie, this is why you shouldn't mess around with boys.

"Kie?" Pope asked nervously.

"What? Oh uh yeah. Sure. I'll be your girlfriend." I blurted abruptly.

Well, I may or may not have just fucked shit up even more.

"That's great Kie! I was really scared you were gonna say no." Pope replied.

I honestly should've, I thought to myself. This was probably the worst decision I've made so far. But I couldn't hurt Pope. He truly cared about me, and I wasn't about to just ruin our entire relationship if I broke it off with him and ended up with JJ. Maybe someday along the line I would eventually be with JJ. But for right now, it just couldn't happen.

"I'm really glad you're my girlfriend Kie." Pope said, as he leaned in and kissed me. I just sat there and let it happen, feeling no type of way. He pulled away and smiled the biggest smile I've seen in a while. I knew what I was doing was wrong, but Pope truly needed me right now.

We spent the rest of the day together and ended up visiting JJ at my dad's restaurant to see how he was doing.

"Hey dad! Hi JJ!" I yelled out, walking over to the counter.

"Hey sweetie. What's up Pope." My dad said.

"What's up guys?" JJ greeted, as he walked by with a tray of food.

"So dad, how was JJ's first day?" I asked as I stole a fry from the tray and popped it in my mouth.

"Hey, hands off the food! And great. I have to say he's a hardworking kid." My dad said.

"Aw that's my boy!" Pope praised.

"JJ why don't you go ahead and head out early. I'll finish up here." My dad said.

"You sure sir?"

"Yeah, you've earned it. I'll see you tomorrow son." My dad said.

We all said goodbye to my dad and headed outside the restaurant.

"So what did y'all do today?" JJ asked as he leaned on the side of my car.

"We uh, actually went on a date." Pope said.

"Oh. Uh- that's cool." JJ said. "What did you do?"

"Not much. We just ate lunch, and walked around for a bit. And talked." I replied.

"Cool." JJ said.

"Oh and uh, we're actually together." Pope said.

"Together?" JJ asked, furrowing his brows together in confusion.

"I officially asked her to be my girlfriend today!" Pope announced happily.

I looked at JJ's reactions, noticing that it sort of hurt him. He stayed silent for a moment before saying anything.

"Oh. Well congrats you guys! I'm really happy for you both." JJ said, as he looked at me. "I guess that old rule is obsolete now huh?" He joked around. I could tell the news was hard for him to process, and he was trying his best to look happy.

"Yeah, I guess so." I said quietly.

"Well we should head home now." Pope suggested. I nodded my head in agreement and hopped in my car. The car ride to Pope's house was fairly quiet. We spoke here and there, but for the most part JJ and I were just out of it. We finally got to Pope's house and it was time to say goodbye.