𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟒

-one month later-

John B's POV

This entire month Sarah and I have been exchanging phone calls with the Pogues back home. Apparently a lot of shit has been happening since we were gone, and now JJ and Kiara are a thing?! I mean I knew JJ always hit on Kie, but I lowkey thought she always had the hots for me.

Today Sarah and I were outside the Ward's warehouse scoping out our plan to break in.

"Do you think we could check the back for another entrance?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, that's a good idea." I replied. We quickly stood up and turned our heads only to be faced by a girl with blonde hair.

"Can I help you?" She asked, folding her arms.

"We were just uh-" I started.

"CLEANING"

"INSPECTING"

Sarah and I blurted at the same time. We flashed each other a glare as the girl raised her eyebrows.

"Uh ya! We were cleaning and inspecting! Cause you know, that's our job here! We clean and inspect!" Sarah lied, trying her best to save our asses. Emphasis on the word "trying". She wasn't do us any favors.

"Rightttt." The girl said. "I work here."

Sarah and I knew that in that moment, we were busted. Great.

"Wait, wait, wait! Before you tell on us can we please explain ourselves to you! I'm sure you're a super sweet girl and you're hella pretty by the way, anyways the point is just please hear us out." Sarah begged. I widened my eyes at her, not knowing what the hell she was about to say.

Sarah explained everything between Ward and the Royal Merchant, and the girl probably thought we were crazy, or she thought that it was too specific to be a lie.

"So ya basically there's $400 million in this building right now, and we really need your help getting it so we can finally expose my dad. You can even get a cut of the money, just please don't rat us out!" Sarah pleaded.

"Sarah! You can't just do that!" I warned.

"John B it's okay. I know you're a super understanding girl, just please help us get this money back. You're our only help." Sarah continued to beg.

The girl thought about it for a moment before sharing her decision.

"What do you need me to do?" She asked.

"Oh my gosh yay!" Sarah shrieked excitedly, giving the girl a hug. "Thank you so so much- uh, what was your name again?"

"Serena, Serena Kaufman." She replied.

"Well nice to meet you Serena. I'm Sarah, and this is my boyfriend John B." Sarah introduced.

"It's nice to meet you both Sarah and John B. What's with the B? Why don't people just call you John?" Serena asked.

"It's for John Booker Routledge, but everyone just calls me John B. for short so it kinda just stuck." I explained, as Serena nodded her head.

"So what's the plan?" She asked.

"You said you work here right?" Sarah asked.

"Yup. Well kind of but kind of not. See I'm kind of just traveling around the world right now, living in random places to experience life and stuff, and I've been in Nassau for 6 months now. Anyways I needed a job in order to keep me afloat, so why not put my skills to good use and work as an airline mechanic." Serena explained.

"Wow, that's super cool!" I said.

"Woah, you're a boss ass bitch!" Sarah complimented.

"Why thank you." Serena said.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you? Cause you look super young to be an airline mechanic." Sarah said.

"Well I'm 20, and it only takes 2 years to go to school for that. And besides, my dad's a pilot and my brother's also an airline mechanic so this airplane shit is basically my whole life. Mostly part of the reason why I decided to pick everything up and just move from place to place." Serena said.

"You know you could've just been a flight attendant." I suggested.

"True, but it's not the same. It's so much more fun living everywhere." Serena said.

"Is there any chance your dad is here? We'd give him a cut of the money too, if he helps us get to where we need to go." Sarah said.

"Nah sorry, he doesn't live with me. It's just me all by myself here." Serena said.

"You don't happen to know how to fly a plane by any chance do you?" Sarah asked.

"Well today is your lucky day because I actually do." Serena said.

"No way!" I exclaimed.

"Serena, you are HEAVEN SENT!" Sarah jumped. "Okay, so I have a proposal for you. How would you like to pack your bags and move on over to North Carolina with us?!"

"Sarah, you can't just ask a girl to move to a new place!" I informed.

"He's right. What do I get out of this?" Serena asked.

"We'll give you 2 million dollars for helping us. Oh and think of it this way, North Carolina could be the next place on your whole travel hopping shenanigans. Please Serena, this could be so good for all of us." Sarah begged, as she waited for an answer from Serena.

"So what's our plan people?"

☞author's note☜

Woohoo! Yall got to meet our new character Serena! Thank you for 7.2k!!! I love yall lots ❤️ Hope you guys are staying well and safe xx